35. Worth the Wait

~Dedication to: mukesxkitten

I love reading your comments, they make me laugh! Thank you for everything<3~

~~~

-Luke's POV-

To say I'm nervous is an understatement.

I've been going over my plan every second of everyday since I went ring shopping with Ashton and I can't help but feel nervous around Michael. I try and act normal when we're at work and when we're at my flat I'm trying to be how I usually would... as in screwing Michael everyday.

But I can't help being super scared about asking Michael to marry me and I have no idea how he'll react. What if he says no? I've been such an asshole lately not to mention I basically abused him which I'll never forgive myself for but I'm trying to convince myself that by doing this it'll help patch things up. I know Michael tells me to stop thinking about it and that I've already changed so much but I can't stop thinking about how much I hurt him.

Asking him to marry him is the only way I can think of to show Michael that I mean it when I say I'm going to change for him and that I love him so much. How else would I be able to do that?

Anyway... today's the day. During this past week I had asked Jack to let Michael and I have Saturday off so I could execute my plan. If things go well and Michael says yes then maybe I'll just have to thank Jack for not screwing shít up for me.

I glance at the clock as in Ashton's kitchen and bounce my knee nervously as I see it's already half past ten to Jack would have already called Michael to tell him to stay home.

And, yes, I'm at Ashton's but it's all part of the plan. So, Michael is probably confused and a little annoyed that I'm not even home and didn't tell him where I would be at but I hope he forgives me when he realizes what this is all going to lead up to.

"Okay, so I guess I should be heading over to your place to take Michael out so you can set things up, right?" Ashton confirms as he enters the kitchen.

"Yeah, that'd be great. Thanks for doing this for me, Ash. You're the best friend a guy could ask for." I tell him with a small smile and Ashton just laughs.

"I know I'm the best. You're lucky you have me, dipwad." Ashton replies and grabs his keys. "I'll drop Michael off at six, alright?"

"Great, thanks again Ashton." I say and with that Ashton leaves to occupy Michael for the whole day so I can make everything perfect. I know some people love having just a simple proposal but I need this to be the most spectacular thing that's ever been created because Michael has to feel how much I truly love him.

This has to be perfect so I can be perfect for Michael.

---

-Michael's POV-

Where the hell is Luke? First of all, I wake up and he's not even in bed and then Jack calls me to say I have the day off.

So, my boyfriend is no where to be found and my boyfriend's boy basically told me to take a vacation.

That can't be good, can it?

I've already tried calling Luke and he hasn't picked up so I'm starting to get really worried and I don't know what to do. I'm about to try calling for the third time when the doorbell rings. Who the heck would that be? I cautiously make my way to the front door and open it a crack.

"Ashton? What are you doing here?" I ask confused as I open the door wide since it's only Ashton at the door.

"I'm here to take you out." he says with a smile.