13. Leaving or Left?

-Luke's POV-

"An interview?" I ask confused. My eyebrows furrow and I can tell Michael is getting nervous.

"Erm, yeah. It's just that I needed some money and so I thought I should get a job..." he says quietly and nervously, completely different from how he was just acting. He was so happy a moment ago and now he's afraid I'm going to snap at him.

"If you needed cash why didn't you just ask me or even your parents? Baby, you don't need to get a job." I tell him.

"But Luke I do. I can't keep living off of you or my parents. It's not fair to you guys. I need to have some responsibility of my own." he tries to protest. I sigh heavily and run my hands through my hair. He doesn't need a job he has me. I can provide for him.

"Where is this job even at and what is it?" I ask with a groan.

"It's an assistant position and I uhm, sorta forget the company name." he answers but his voice becomes quieter towards the end of his sentence.

"You don't even know where you're going to work?" I ask somewhat angry.

"I would only have to look it up. Plus when I go in for my interview, I'll obviously see the place." he says with an eye roll. I feel myself tense up at his actions. He must have noticed because he quickly looked down at his hands.

"Why would you feel the need to get a job?" I ask with anger evident in my voice.

"I already said so I could earn money myself!" he says defensively.

"Where did you find out about this job?" I question him.

"My friend." he says simply and slumps back in his chair. I raise my eye brows at him and shake my head.

"You're acting like a fuçking kid. Don't know how you're even gunna get a job when you can't handle an argument like a God damned adult." The moment those words left my mouth I regretted it. I looked over at Michael to see his eyes shiny with tears.

"Fuçk, Michael. No, baby, I'm sorry." I say desperately trying to take it back. He doesn't say a word when he throws open the passenger door and gets out. He slams it shut and begins walking away. Fuçk, I went way too far.

"Shít!" I yell and hastily climb out of my car.

"Michael! Please, baby get back in the car. It's a far walk at least let me drive you." He stops walking suddenly and spins on his heel to face me. He doesn't seem to care about the other people around as he screams at me.

"Fuçk off!" And with that he walks away. I stand stunned at what he said. My mouth is hanging open and my eyes widen. He's never done this before. Usually when we fight we just let each other blow off steam or we fuçk senseless. Usually it's the latter. I begin to panic as I just let him walk away. What can I even do? If I run after him he'll just yell at me more. However, if I just let him walk away then who knows what could happen.

"Fuçk!" I yell and hit my car with my palm. This can't be happening to me. He hasn't left me. He hasn't left me. He hasn't left me. I keep repeating this to myself as I drive to Ashton's place. I may or may not speed to get to his house and reach it in record time. I knock heavily on his door and wait for him to answer.

"Hey, Luke! What's u-" I cut him off when I walk into his house without saying anything. I head to his living room and plunk myself down onto his sofa.

"Dude, what are you doing?" Ashton asks confused. I stare blankly at his wall and blink. I can't seem to find the words to tell him what just happened. Maybe I'm over reacting. Maybe this whole thing isn't as bad as I'm making it out to be.

"Luke!" I hear Ashton yell at me. I finally turn my head to look at him.

"Michael and I had a fight."

"Oh my God." he groans. "I thought someone died with the way you were acting." He takes a seat next to me and gets comfortable.

"Alright, tell Doctor Ash your problems." he says as seriously as he can.

"He said he got a job interview and I told him he doesn't need a job. I told him I could provide for him and now he's angry at me because I told him he shouldn't get a job." I say in one breath.

"For fuçk's sake. Luke, stop being so controlling over him! If he wants to get a job then let the poor boy! You hog him all the time it's a wonder how he even goes to school." Ashton scolds me like a child.

"He also yelled at me for the first time." I whisper.

"Oh." Ashton says surprised. "Oh wow."

"He told me to fuçk off." I whisper again.

"Holy shít."

"He left." I say so quiet I'm not sure Ashton even heard me.

"He didn't leave you-"

"No, no. He got out of my car and left. He fuçking left, Ashton." I say with tears in my eyes. He's left me. He's left me. He's left me.

"Stop, Luke! He's mad and needed some space. He didn't leave you, okay?" Ashton reassures. I put my head in my hands and yell angrily.

"Ashton he left! He's never done it like that before. He doesn't want me anymore, I know it."

"Stop saying that. Don't over react! Listen to me." Ashton says and makes me look at him.

"I know this looks bad but trust me when I say that Michael is not leaving you. He just needs some time to himself." Just as Ashton is saying this to me my phones buzzes letting me know I've gotten a text.

"See! That's probably him now saying that he's not leaving you."

"Yeah, maybe you're right, Ash." I say and dry my eyes. I pull my phone out with high hopes but feel it all come crashing down. I stand up slowly and grip my phone hard in my hands.

"Luke, mate?" Ashton asks quietly. "You alright?" I don't answer him as I throw my phone across the room and hear it shatter against the wall. I turn back to face Ashton with a red face. He looks scared shítless.

"Well, you weren't completely wrong, Ash." I say with poison in my mouth. "That was Michael but he said something a little different from what you suggested."

"Luke...?" He asks frightened.

"He left."

~~~

A/N no smut :( but holy cow almost 4k reads and almost 300 votes? This is insane like holy cow! Thanks so much for reading! Also this chapter made me sad but ya know. Anyway tysvm for reading, commenting, following and voting! Means a lot to me<3

~Mitchy<333333 xxxxxx