17. Quick Kiss Quick Day

~Dedication: breadsticks_luke I enjoy you v v much<3~

-Luke's POV-

Today was the day of Michael's interview and I can't help but feel somewhat annoyed. I know I shouldn't be because he's trying to make money for himself and be independent but I feel like I can just provide for him. I know that's super selfish of me and I need to try to control myself. I sigh heavily and wait by the front door of my apartment for Michael. He's currently in the bathroom trying to make himself look presentable which really shouldn't be hard considering how effortlessly good looking he is. I look down at my watch and see that it's already 2:30 and Michael's interview is at 3. He also still hasn't told me where the interview is at so for all I know he could be going somewhere to cheat on me, be murdered... No stop it. I can't think like this. I try to stop my brain from wandering and instead focus on the sound of footsteps. Michael appears at the top of the stairs and practically bounds down them in a hurry.

"C'mon, gotta go or I'll be late!" he exclaims before dragging me out the door. I roll my eyes at him and huff out a breath of air.

"And who's fault would that be?" I ask rhetorically.

"Luke." Michael says with a stern voice.

"Yeah, I'm trying." I mutter out and head towards my car. I open the passenger side for Michael even though he tries to protest.

"Just let me be a gentleman for my beautiful baby." I say and flash him a smile. Michael glares at me but soon it turns into a grin.

"Thank you, Daddy." he says adding emphasis on the last part. I feel my lower regions stir and remind myself that now is not the time for that. Michael has an important interview and I can't make him late. Once we're both seated in my car Michael pulls out his phone and begins typing.

"Okay, so this is the company." he says and shows me his new temporary phone. He said he would get his other one back but just not at the moment. I stare for a second before furrowing my eyebrows.

"That's my work..." I trail off.

"Wait, really?" he asks confused. "Oh." We sit in silence for a few seconds before Michael speaks up.

"That's fine. I don't have to get a job at your work. There's plenty of other places I could go." he says with slight disappointment. I sigh internally because I know that this was so important to him and it's a good opportunity.

"No, you're going to this interview." I say and start my car up.

"Uh, really?" Michael asks surprised.

"Yes. I shouldn't hold you back. This is important to you and even though I really don't like my boss I guess this is a good experience for you." I say with another sigh. "Wait, fuçk."

"What, Luke?"

"My boss. Holy shít, you're going to my boss' assistant." I groan and slump forwards.

"What's so bad about that?" Michael asks curiously. "Plus I haven't gotten the job yet."

"Because he's a díck head. And I swear to God if he tries to touch you." I grumble out and grip the steering wheel hard.

"He's professional, I'm sure, Luke. He won't try any funny business." Michael says trying to convince me but I'm not so sure. I continue to moan and groan in my seat like a child and I hear Michael giggle next to me.

"Stop laughing at me, it's not funny." I mutter.

"It's kind of funny."

"Whatever, we're here. Good luck." I say in a deadpan voice and find a parking spot. I kiss Michael quickly instead of our usual good bye kiss as an act of defiance. He sighs quietly and begins getting out of the car.