Chapter 35: Adult Interactions

*Amayah*

Brandon And I Sat In The Back Of The Black SUV And Watched The Sunset. It Was One Of The Most Calmest And Beautiful Sights I've Ever Seen. Brandon Grabbed My Hand As He Scooted Towards Me.

"What Do You Think?" He Asked.

"I Love It. Thank You For Bringing Me Here." I Said.

"No Problem. I Always Told Myself If I Could Ever Bring You On A Date Then It Would Be Up Here." He Said. I Blushed.

"Awww You're So Sweet! Too Bad We Don't Have Any Food To Make This A Date." I Said.

"Or Do We?" He Said, Revealing A Picnic Basket That Was Covered By A Blanket. I Gasped As He Climbed Out Of The Car And Quickly Sat Up A Private Picnic For Us. He Grabbed My Hand And I Sat Down Next To Him On The Blanket.

"So We're On A Date Now?" I Asked. He Flashed His Handsome Smile And Nodded.

"You Said It Not Me." He Said. I Laughed.

"Okay, Okay...You Got Me. This Is Definitely A Date." I Said. He Wrapped His Arm Around Me And Started Feeding Me Some Grapes. I Felt Really Bad About Being On This Date With Brandon, Especially Since Liam Is At My House By Himself With Jazz. Oh Well...He Has To Learn To Take Care Of Her By Himself. Especially When I Get Back To Acting And Modeling. I'll Need Him To Watch Her For The Weeks That I'll Be Gone.

"What's On Your Mind?" Brandon Asked Me.

"Nothing. Just Thinking About Jazz. I Need To Call And Check On Her." I Said.

"I'm Sure She's Fine. You Deserve A Little Break Every Now And Then." He Said.

"I Do Don't I?" I Said.

"Yes Ma'am." He Said. I Looked Up At Him And Smiled.

"Thanks Brandon. You're Such A Good Friend." I Said. I Leaned Up To Kiss Him On The Cheek, But He Turned His Head And Pressed His Lips Against Mines. I Was Completely Caught Off Guard, But I Kissed Him Back.

"I Wanna Be More Than Just Your Friend." He Said.

"Huh?" I Said. I Heard Him Clearly, But I Had Nothing To Say.

"Believe It Or Not, I've Been Attracted To You Since The Very First Day We Met. You Approached Me With Your Beautiful Daughter In Your Arms And Asked Me Was I Your Driver, And You Called Me Brian." He Said. I Started Laughing As I Covered My Face.

"I Was Embarrassed After That! You Were Like...No...I'm Your Driver Brandon." I Said. We Laughed Hysterically. We Talked For Almost An Hour About Every And Anything. It Was Getting Late As I Stood Up.

"We Should Be Getting Back. I'm Missing My Baby." I Said. He Stood Up And Started Packing Up The Basket. I Folded The Blanket And Sat It In The Trunk Of His Car. I Felt Him Ease Up Behind Me And Pressed Himself Against My Backside. I'm Not Sure Why, But I Immidiately Felt Uncomfortable. I Turned Around As He Gently Lifted Me Up And Sat Me On The Edge Of The Truck.

"Do You Think We Can Be More Than Just Friends?" He Asked, His Lips A Few Inches Away From Mine.

"Brandon...I Really Like You, But My Love Life Is Complicated." I Said.

"Are You Still Involved With Jazz's Father?" He Asked.

"No, But I Still Love Him. I Don't Want To Lead You On When I Have Feelings For Someone Else." I Said. He Nodded As He Stepped Back.

"I Respect That. Thank You For Being Honest With Me. That Isn't Going To Change How I Feel About You Though. I've Seen This Man Hurt You Worse Than Your Ex Fiancée Did And If That Ever Happens Again...Then He'll Have To Deal With Me." He Said. I Giggled And Pulled Him Into A Hug.

"Thank You For Being So Understanding." I Said. He Smiled As He Leaned Down And Kissed Me.

"That Was A Kiss For The Road. Let's Get You Home To Your Family." He Said.
*
*
*
*
*
*
I Walked Into The House A Little After Seven And Saw Liam Making Jazz Some Dinner.

"Look Who's Finally Back Home." Liam Said.

"Yep. Hi Baby!" I Said, Kissing Jazz's Cheek. She Grabbed My Face And Kissed My Nose. I Smiled As I Walked Over To Where Liam Was.

"What Are You Making?" I Asked.

"Grilled Cheese Sandwiches And Microwavable Macaroni And Cheese." He Said. I Scrunched Up My Face As I Looked At Jazz Who Was Grinning At Us.

"That's An Odd Combination." I Said. He Laughed.

"I Know, But You Failed To Mention That She Was A Picky Eater. I Tried Feeding Her Some Lasagna Earlier, But She Flipped Out On Me. I Ended Up Feeding Her Some Chicken Nuggets." He Said. I Giggled.

"She Hates Lasagna, But Loves Spaghetti. It's Confusing." I Said.

"Duly Noted." He Said.

"But Daddy Made Grilled Cheese And She Loves Grilled Cheese." I Said. Jazz Giggled And Started Slamming Her Hands Down On The Top Of Her Highchair.

"So What Did You Two Do Today?" I Asked.

"Nothing Exciting. We've Just Been Enjoying Each Others Company." He Said.

"That's Good." I Said.

"Where You Been All Day?" He Asked.

"Out With Brandon." I Said.

"Brandon? Your Driver?" He Asked.

"Yep." I Said.

"Be Honest Amayah...Are You Two Dating?" He Asked.

"No Liam. We Were Just Hanging Out. If You Haven't Noticed...I Don't Have Any Friends." I Said.

"You Have Me And Jazz. What More Do You Need?" He Said.

"Someone That I Can Have A Civilized Conversation With. Someone That Speaks Fluent English And Not Gibberish. Someone Who Doesn't Try To Get In My Panties Every Time They See Me." I Said.

"Wow. Alright." He Said. I Sighed.

"Liam...I'm Not Saying It In A Bad Way." I Said.

"No Need To Explain Yourself Amayah. Excuse Me While I Feed Jazz And Have An Uncivilized Conversation With A Baby That Speaks Fluent Gibberish." He Snapped. I Rolled My Eyes And Stormed Off To My Room. Who Knew He Would Get So Sensitive? Like...What The Fuck?! Really?!