Chapter 20: So Confused

*Liam*

I Paced Back And Forth In The Parking Lot. I'm A Father? I'm A Fucking Father! How The Hell Could My Parents Keep Something Like This From Me? I Couldn't Believe It! I Know I Shouldn't Have Left The Way I Did, But What Do You Expect? I'm Not Ready To Be A Father And Yet...I Am Already! I'll Be Totally Honest And Say Me And Amayah Made A Beautiful Baby Girl, But That Really Isn't The Point. Why Am I Freaking Out? Dumb Question...I Know Exactly Why I'm Freaking Out! And Plus...All Those Old Feelings I Had For Amayah Came Rushing Back When I Saw That She Still Had On The Necklace I Got Her. I Ran My Fingers Through My Hair And Took A Deep Breath. I Needed To Relax.

I Saw Jessica Pulling Into The Driveway, And I Hurried And Got Into The Car.

"Hey...Is Everything Okay?" She Asked. I Nodded As I Turned The Heat Up.

"Yeah. Amayah's Awake And Doing Fine. Her Mother Is Back So I Left." I Said.

"That's Good. Your Parents Seemed Shocked When I Told Them You Were Sitting In The Hospital With Her. They Were Acting As If You Were Sitting With A Ghost Or Something." She Said. I Chuckled Lightly.

"Oh Really?" I Said.

"Yeah. Oh And Your Grandma Invited Me Out To Tea With Her And Your Ex Ashley Today. I Said Yes, But I Think I Made A Mistake." She Said.

"Yeah You Did, But There's No Getting Out Of It." I Said. She Groaned And Sighed.

"What All Do I Need To Know About Ashely?" She Asked.

"She's A Crazy, Lying, Manipulative, Brainwashing Bitch With No Life." I Said. I Looked Over At Jessica Who's Eyes Were Wide.

"Wow...Um...Okay." She Said.

"Just Don't Let Her Get Into Your Head. Like I Said....Our Breakup Was Pretty Nasty So She Probably Still Has A Bitter Feeling About Everything." I Said.

"Maybe I Shouldn't Go." She Said.

"That's Up To You Baby. I Think It'll Give You A Great Chance To Bond With My Grandma So You Should Go. Just Don't Believe A Word That Comes Out Of Her Mouth." I Said. I Wanted To Get Jessica Out Of The House So That I Could Confront My Parents. I Didn't Wanna Risk Her Hearing The News That I Just Heard Not Even Twenty Minutes Ago.
*
*
*
*
*
*
Jessica Kissed Me Goodbye As She, My Grandma, And Ashley Were Preparing To Leave. I Even Did A Little Extra PDA In Front Of Ashley To Piss Her Off. Once They Were Gone, I Headed Into My Dad's Office Where He And My Mom Were Sitting.

"Ah Speak Of The Devil! Have A Seat Son." He Said. I Took A Seat In His Comfortable Chair And Eyed Him.

"Your Lovely Girlfriend Had Informed Us That You Were At The Hospital With That Black Girl." My Mother Said.

"Oh You Mean Amayah? Yeah I Was." I Said. My Parents Looked At Each Other And Back At Me.

"So Is There Something You Two Should Tell Me?" I Asked. They Sat Silent Before Shaking Their Heads.

"No Son. Not That We Know Of." My Dad Said. I Chuckled Before Looking At My Mom.

"So You Have Nothing To Tell Me? Nothing At All?" I Asked. She Just Stared At Me And Slowly Shook Her Head. I Sighed.

"Liam What Is It That You're Trying To Imply?" My Dad Asked.

"Just When Were You Two Going To Tell Me That I Was A Father!" I Snapped. My Mom Gasped While My Dad's Eyes Widened.

"Excuse Me?" My Dad Said.

"You Heard Me! Amayah Was Pregnant With My Child And YOU TWO Knew About It!" I Snapped.

Silence.

"Hello!! Answer Me!" I Snapped.

"Honestly Liam...We Did You A Favor. You Were Too Distracted And That Nigger Girl Was Setting You Back." My Mom Said.

"Seriously? She Was Setting Me Back?" I Said In Disbelief.

"Yes Son. She Took Advantage Of You And Made You A Little...Confused." My Dad Said.

"She Didn't Take Advantage Of Me! I Came On To Her And You Know What? I Fell For Her. She Is Incredible And I Love Her! Yeah She's Black, But So What!" I Snapped.

"Liam That Girl Doesn't Love You! She Didn't Love You Then And She Doesn't Love You Now!" My Mom Snapped.

"She Sure Doesn't! She Wanted To Leave, Liam! We Just Gave Her Some Cash To Help Her Out." My Dad Said.

"You Gave Her Cash? You Paid Her To Leave?" I Said.

"Where Is All This Coming From? That Girl Should've Aborted That Baby And Went On About Her Life!" My Mom Said.

"Well She Didn't! Congratulations....You Two Are Grandparents To A Little Girl Named Jazzlynn!" I Said. I Got Up And Stormed Out Of The Office. As Soon As I Slammed The Door, I Turned And Saw Jessica, Ashley, And My Grandma Standing There In Complete Shock.

"Liam." Ashley Said. Jessica Shook Her Head And Took Off Running Up The Stairs. I Quickly Ran After Her.

"Jessica Wait!" I Said.

"Leave Me Alone!" She Cried.

"Jessica Please Here Me Out." I Said.

"I've Heard All I Can Bare Right Now! Not Only Did You Lie To Me About Knowing Her, But You Failed To Tell Me That You Were In A Relationship With Her! And Y'all Have A Kid? What Am I Supposed To Believe?" She Asked.

"Okay Listen...Yes. Amayah And I Were Together, But That Was A Long Time Ago. And As Far As The Kid. I Just Found Out Today. I'm Still In Shock, You Know?" I Said.

"Why Didn't You Just Be Honest With Me Liam?" She Asked.

"I Was Going To Tell You, But I Wanted To Wait Until Tonight." I Lied.

"Do You Still Love Her?" She Asked.

"No...I Don't! I Mean...I...." I Babbled. Do I Still Love Her? Sure The Feelings Are Still There, But....I Don't Know.

"I Have To Get Out Of Here." She Said As She Grabbed Her Bags.

"Jessica." I Pleaded.

"I Just Need Time To Think." She Said As She Walked Out Of The Room. I Followed Her Downstairs And Continued Trying To Plead My Case, But She Wasn't Going For It. Fuck! Why Didn't I Just Be Honest From The Beginning? Why?

A/N: Who Are Y'all With? #TeamLiam&Amayah Or #TeamLiam&Jessica