Chapter 16: Guess Who's Coming To Dinner

*Amayah*

I Am So Relieved That I Could Find An Assistant On Such Short Notice. The Girl I Chose Was Very Quick, Sweet, And Organized.... Someone I Needed On My Team. I Ended Up Inviting Her Over For Dinner So I Could Get To Know Her Better, And Talk To Her About The Scheduling And Everything. While My Personal Chef Was Preparing Dinner, I Was In My Bedroom Getting Ready For My Guests To Arrive. My Phone Then Started To Vibrating And I Frowned When I Realized Who It Was.

"Hey You." I Said, Pretending To Sound Cheerful.

"Hey Baby. What You Doing?" My Fiancée, George, Asked.

"Getting Ready To Have Dinner With My New Assistant." I Said.

"Aw Farreal? That's What's Up." He Said.

"Yep." I Said Dryly.

"I Miss You Baby Girl." He Said.

"I Miss You Too." I Said.

"I Have A Present For You." He Said.

"Oh? What Is It?" I Asked.

"I'm Not Telling You. Just Know It'll Be Delivered Within The Next Hour." He Said.

"Oh....Great." I Said. My Doorbell Rang And I Silently Thanked God.

"Well My Guests Are Here So I'll Talk To You Later." I Said Getting Ready To Hang Up.

"Aight Baby. I Love You." He Said.

"I...Love You Too." I Said, Hesitantly. We Hung Up And I Sighed Loudly. I Know What You're Thinking.... Why Is She Acting Like This Towards Her Fiancée? The Truth Is.....George Was A Very Complicated Man That Had It Rough Growing Up. When We First Met, He Was So Sweet And I Hadn't Been With Anybody Since Liam So I Decided To Give Him A Chance. Months Down The Road, He Slowly Started Turning Into A Different Person. He Was Mentally And Verbally Abusive Towards Me And I Didn't Know How To Handle It. I Tried To Leave Him Countless Times, But One Day He Surprised Me With A Lunch Date That Ended With A Flash Mob Proposal. I Was So Shocked That I Couldn't Say No. Ever Since Then....He's Been Trying So Hard To Be Nice, But If I Did Something As Little As Not Answering My Phone, Then He'd Just Completely Blow Up On Me.

"Miss Washington. You're Guests Are Here." Brandon Said.

"Okay Thanks....And Brandon? Call. Me. Amayah." I Said, Sternly. He Smiled And Nodded.

"I Apologize....Amayah." He Said. I Giggled And Headed Into The Living Room.

"Jessica?" I Said To The Gorgeous Brunette That Sat In My Living Room. She Stood Up And Smiled.

"Yes...Hi....I'm Jessica. Well You Knew That Of Course, But I Just Wanted To Reintroduce Myself. I'm So Honored To Meet You!" She Rambled.

"Breathe Jessica." I Said, Jokingly.

"I'm Sorry. I Talk A Lot When I'm Nervous." She Said.

"I See, But No Need To Be Nervous. I'm Just An Average Person." I Said.

"Of Course! Umm...This Is My Boyfriend Liam. Baby....Come Say Hi." Jessica Said. My Heart Literally Dropped To My Stomach As I Saw Liam Adkins. The Same Liam I Was In Love With Just Two Years Ago.

"Hi." I Said In Disbelief.

"Hello." He Said. I Swallowed Hard As We Stared At One Another. I Broke The Gaze Quickly And Motioned For Them To Have A Seat.

"Sorry About My Attire, By The Way. I Dress Up All The Time, And This Is The Only Time I Can Actually Dress Down." I Said. I Was Wearing My Emoji Joggers With My Pink Tank Top And My Pink Fuzzy Socks. I Was Dressed Down, But My Makeup And Hair Was On FLEEK!