Chapter 31: Making Amends

*Liam*

I've Been Blowing Amayah Up Since She Cancelled On Dinner Last Night, But She Wasn't Answering My Calls. Wow...She Was Really Pissed At Me. I Don't Blame Her Though. I've Really Made A Mess Of Things, But I'm Gonna Try And Fix This.

I Got Up Out Of Bed, Took A Shower, And Got Dressed For The Day. I Was About To Go Over To Amayah's House To Spend Some Time With Jazz And Talk To Amayah.

"Good Morning Handsome." Jessica Said, Kissing My Cheek.

"Good Morning." I Said. Jessica Has Really Been Getting On My Nerves Lately And I Just Wished That She Stayed At The School.

"So I Was Thinking We Go Grab Some Lunch With Your Parents And Talk." She Said.

"No Can Do. I'm Spending The Day With Jazz." I Said. She Frowned As She Rolled Her Eyes.

"Liam...We Need To Spend Time Together. I Want To Bond Before The Baby Gets Here." She Said.

"The Baby Won't Be Here For Another Eight Months! We Have Plenty Of Time To Bond, But Since We're Leaving Tomorrow Morning I'm Going To Spend Time With My Daughter!" I Snapped. She Didn't Say Anything Else As She Started Brushing Her Teeth. I Walked Out Of The Bathroom, Grabbed My Keys, And Headed Out Without Saying Bye To Anyone.

When I Got To Amayah's House, I Knocked On The Door And Waited For Her To Answer The Door. When The Door Finally Opened...It Wasn't Amayah Who Answered. It Was Her Driver.

"Can I Help You?" He Asked.

"I'm Here To See Amayah." I Said. Amayah Appeared From The Back Room And Glanced At Me.

"It's Fine Brandon. Let Him In." She Said. I Walked Into The House As Me And Brandon Stared At Each Other. What The Hell Is His Problem?

"Liam What Are You Doing Here?" Amayah Asked Me.

"I've Been Calling You. I Came To Spend Time With Jazz Today." I Said. She Looked Surprised.

"Really?" She Said.

"Yes Really. I'm Leaving Tomorrow To Go Back To School, So I Want To Spend The Day With Her." I Said. She Nodded.

"Well Okay Then. She's In Her Room Asleep Right Now So You Can Chill Out Here Until She Wakes Up." She Said. I Nodded.

"We Also Need To Talk." I Said.

"Do We? Are You Sure?" She Said, Trying To Be Funny.

"Positive." I Said. She Rolled Her Eyes And Nodded. She Walked Up To Brandon And Handed Him Some Type Of Paper. He Nodded As He Smirked At Her And She Smiled. What The Hell Is Going On With Them? He Whispered Something In Her Ear And She Started Laughing. Okay...Now I'm Starting To Get Pissed. He Finally Walked Out Of The Door As She Came And Sat Down Next To Me.

"So What's Up?" She Said.

"You Tell Me." I Said. She Looked At Me Confusingly.

"What Are You Talking About?" She Asked.

"What's Up With You And Him?" I Asked.

"Who Brandon? He's My Driver." She Said.

"Yes I Know That, But There's Something More Going On." I Said.

"Yeah You're Right. He Has Become A Really Good Friend To Me." She Said. I Shook My Head.

"Amayah He Likes You And Not Just As A Friend." I Said. She Started Smiling And Twirling Her Hair, As She Looked At Me.

"Liam Adkins...Are You Jealous?" She Asked. I Scoffed As I Shook My Head.

"Not Even A Little Bit." I Lied. I Was Extremely Jealous.

"Yeah Okay." She Said, Giggling. I Mean Mugged Her And She Started Laughing Harder.

"What Is So Funny?" I Asked.

"You Are! Harvard Has Made You Lose Your Sense Of Humor." She Said. I Cracked A Small Smile As I Shook My Head.

"I See You're Feeling A Whole Lot Better Than You Were Last Night." I Said.

"Uh Oh. Here We Go." She Said.

"I'm Just Stating Facts." I Said.

"You Want The Truth?" She Asked. I Nodded.

"Okay Fine. I Don't Trust Your Parents At All. I Know In A Weird Way That They Are Jazz's Grandparents, But You Know As Well As I Do That They Don't Want A Biracial Grandchild." She Said.

"Well Too Bad Because They Got One And They're Just Gonna Have To Accept It. My Dad Seems To Have Accepted It And He Was Really Looking Forward To Meeting Her." I Said.

"I Bet." She Murmured.

"Seriously Amayah. I Can Understand Why You Don't Want Them To See Jazz, But Give Them A Second Chance. You Never Know...They Might Love Her Just As Much As I Do." I Said. She Looked At Me And Sighed.

"Fine. I'm Gonna Cave In And Let Them Meet Her, But It Won't Be Until After This Sex Tape Thing Dies Down." She Said.

"Okay Fair Enough." I Said.

"No Funny Business Either Liam! I Don't Have Time For Any Bullshit Drama. Especially In Front Of My Baby Girl." She Said.

"You Have My Word. No Bullshit." I Said. I Grabbed Her Hand And Kissed It.

"Maaa Maaa! Maaa Maaa!" Jazz's Loud Voice Squealed. Amayah Looked At Me And Crossed Her Arms.

"You're Up Daddy." She Said.

"But She Called You. She Called For Her Mother." I Said.

"Well Mother Is Off Duty Today, So Again...Daddy Liam You're Up!" She Said. I Laughed As I Got Off The Couch And Headed Into Jazz's Room. She Was Standing Up In Her Bed And She Smiled When She Saw Me.

"Da Da!" She Squealed.

"Hey Beautiful." I Said, Picking Her Up And Kissing Her Cheek. I Laid Her Down And Changed Her Diaper, Which Was Harder Than What It Sounds Like. Once I Got Her Situated, I Carried Her Into The Living Room Where Amayah Was Sitting.

"What Are You Doing? The Kitchen Is That Way." Amayah Said, Pointing Towards The Kitchen.

"What Do You Mean?" I Asked.

"You Don't Want Our Poor Baby To Starve Do You?" She Asked.

"Of Course Not! What Does She Eat?" I Asked.

"Eggs And Toast, Oatmeal, Rice, Cereal, Or Fruit. Choose Wisely And Quickly Because She Is Fussy When She Sits In Her Highchair For A Long Period Of Time." She Said.

"You're Not Gonna Help Me?" I Asked.

"Nope! You're On Your Own Today. Have Fun." She Said.

"You Are An Evil Woman." I Said. She Laughed.

"Flattery Will Get You Nowhere Mr. Adkins." She Said. I Chuckled As I Carried Jazzlynn Into The Kitchen And Sat Her In Her Highchair. I'm Pretty Sure I Can Handle This Dad Thing. I Mean...How Hard Can It Be?

(A/N:: I've Decided To Keep It Going And Just See Where It Goes. I Don't Give Up Easily Lol. By The Way...You Guys Can Also Throw Out Ideas And Suggestions...Just PM Me. I'll Surely Give Credit Where It's Due!)