Chapter 46

"You know the man in the South said the world will darken," said a guard, drinking ale.

"Are you sure?" asked another.

"Ever since, the lady left us. We ride to war but not to victory," said the first guard.

"Death. It is shall be," cheered the group of guards.

"Don't fret, dear lads. I am sure Lord Galasdir will lead us as good  as Lady Sabriel. Besides, the ElvenKing is with us as well," encouraged Adviser Renya.

"The Lady Warrior is more to battle. Years we had placed our service to her hands and was led to battle. All these battles experience made me remind of our fallen leader. It shattered my heart to watch her die in the hands of the witch," said one bold soldier and all of them agreed.

"I quit to be one soldier, Adviser Renya," said one of them.

"I as well," said another. Soon, the others followed. Chaos between the soldiers whom have fought and scared of death broke. Arguments and afflictions occurred. Battling each other, hitting each and every one. Adviser Renya slipped away and to the tent of Lord Galasdir.

"My lord," saluted her.

"Renya, what has happen?" asked he.

"My lord, the soldiers are battling with each other," reported her. With this, anger rose in his heart. He stormed out from his tent and to the gathering place. He saw everything and furious. Without hesitation, he climbed on the table boldly and with his hand lit a burning arrow. He shot it in the dark sky cause a loud explosion. 

"WHAT IS THE MATTER THIS TIME?! BATTLING AMONG OURSELVES BEFORE ENTERING TO THE BATTLE FIELD?!" shouted Lord Galasdir. "DO EXPLAIN IT NOW!"

"My lord, we are afraid to go for battle. We want to quit!" cried one.

"Completely preposterous! We had been into battles and wars! This is not the time for you to quit!" defended another.

"Did you not think you will survive?" questioned another.

"You are a coward!" fought the soldiers. Again.

"SAHZAHKU AITA!(Silence in Light Language)" shouted Lord Galasdir. "HAVE YOU ALL BATTLE ENOUGH? IS THIS SUPPOSE THE WHITE KINGDOM AND THE ELVES ACT IN THE PREPOSITION OF WAR?Answer me. ANSWER!" There was silence. "You are soldiers. Trained to fight with the enemy. NOT AMONG YOURSELVES! Look around you! All of the preposition we, leaders, prepare. To fight. To war. To  freedom. Cowards will only bring great defeat! The armor we wear is not a fancy suit. It is to mark our status. To protect and be a protector of the country! If those of you fear death, you have no bravery! You only coward yourself! And selfish! You had shamed the Lady Warrior. You all have! Punishment will be given to all of you tomorrow at dawn!DISMISSED!"

The guards murmured and left the parade. Galasdir sighed and went back to his own tent. He was disappointed and sad. He dismissed the guards from his tent and went to laid on the bed(I have no idea what does it call). With his mind drift to the thought of Sabriel, made his tears flowed. He turned his head to the the side and his eyes saw a shadow. A shadow shaped of a girl. Standing still. No movement made by it. As then it begun to walk, slowly and yet gracefully. Galasdir woke up and followed the shadow's movement and motive. Curious had led him to the shadow. As he walked out from his tent and followed the shadow. It had guided him into the woods.

     As deeper it goes, he saw a beautiful plains of the forest. The night rays shone upon its plains. With a beautiful sight you can enjoy with such magnificent sight of the entire mountains. 

"You have venture far. I see," an angelic voice said. Galasdir looked around the place. Looking at a bright light but then it dims. Revealing a lady with a pale white dress with a palest skin. He gasped and bowed in respect as he saw the staff. 

"Lady Enchantress," he respected.

"You need not to bow, dear elfling," she beckoned.

"My lady, why led me here?" asked Galasdir.

"Galasdir, you do not ask such questions," she cupped his cheek. "You ride to war but not to victory. This is death, my friend. This matters on spells and powers."

"Spells?" repeated Galasdir. "I am afraid I do not understand that."

"You have no idea whom you are dealing with, Lord Galasdir," she whispered. In her tone, there is a seduction in it. Her face was merely an inch from his. " Do you know that I have been watching you?"

"Watching me?" asked Galasdir. 

"Of course," she said, cupping both of his cheeks. "The more I observe you, the more this fondness grows." He looked down and dare not face her. "Why do you have to suffer? All this pain? And sorrow? You always wanted a freedom life. A life without pain and anger?"

"My lady, this is improper," he said. 

"Nothing is improper. Stay with me then. I will bring you to a life without pain and sorrow. With that you can meet your precious warrior lady," she persuaded him. 

"No," he said in determination. "I will not pledge myself to you. You are just a soul. An illusion of the Enchantress." He smirked and unsheathed his sword and point at the Enchantress. "You are a fool venturing around these woods to spy, Nadine. Do you think that I am a fool?"

"Clever, elf," she hissed and her form changed. Revealing her true self. "Did you not know that your head paid a pretty price?" He looked at her, confused. "You did not know. Pity." She struck hard on him. He blocked her attacks and parried with her. She bend her body to avoid such attacks and kicked his shin. He fell on the ground hard. She placed her shoe on his chest to make him not to move. Held a knife ready to strike him and his head. He closed his eyes and suddenly he felt like pressure on his chess. He opened his eyes and saw nothing. 

'Where is she?' thought Galasdir. Look up in the skies he saw something unexpected. A bird with a size of the dragon size Smaug, took her. Nadine was grunting and wriggling like a worm under the claws of this creature. The thunderous murderous eyes looked at it's prey. Nadine feared and begun to fought with it but its feathers like iron. It cawed and make her skin white and she screamed as it struck her with it's thunderous beak. Bathing  her with her own blood. The creature ate her and it's piercing stare was ow fixed on Galasdir who froze. It sneered at him and begun to attack him but it stopped and move back. Galasdir saw and noticed the ring is glowing n his pocket. It was blazing with a blue light. He wore it and went near to the bird. He wanted to pat but the bird won't let. 

'They sense your fear and will attack you,' The words of the guard rung in his head. He took a deep breath and slowly touched it. The creature accepted him and his touch. He chuckled at it and patted it's head. 

"Look at you. A beast you are," he praised. He noticed that there is a saddle on its's back. "Where is your rider?" The bird just looked at him and closed it's eyes. He knew who it was and stroke it's feathers. "I missed her as well."

The bird then let him sat on the saddle and take him to the skies. 

_________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTES: Hey peeps! I update it. Well, things need to speed up nowadays, so a little update will do. Thanks for reading!

Have a good day and night peeps! :p