Chapter 22

Sabriel went to change into her royal robes. Even though she hate meetings and being a royal. All the fellowship members gathered at the dining hall for dinner. 

"Forgive me, my lord. I am late. " bowed Sabriel, sitting opposite Prince Ethil on King Thranduil's left.
"It's alright. You are just in time, my dear. " said King Hrivë.

Thranduil smirked at her. She just ignore him. The servants served the food. The feast begun. Kristen, Aiden and William discussed their plan with Helena, Wizzle, Anderson and Galasdir. The two hobbits were talking about their hometown,the misses of their food.
"Well, Sabriel. Are the borders defenses arrange? " asked King Hrivë.
"All is done, my lord. " said Sabriel.
"How is the diplomacy between our kingdom with Dale? " asked King Hrivë.
"Dale is asking for more silver, Father. " said Prince Ethil.
"What shall we do? " asked King Hrivë.
"I have already arranged a transport of silver to Dale." said Prince Ethil. "I even use the way that you taught me, Father. "
"Excellent job, Son. " chuckled King Hrivë. "Sabriel, you should act like Ethil. You must not only defend the kingdom but as well learn the diplomacy of the kingdom. "
"Of course, Father. But it's not in my nature. " said Sabriel.
"My lady, if I may interject, it's a duty for royalties to know the diplomacy between kingdoms. " said Thranduil.
"My lord,I would like to thank you for advising me. " said Sabriel coldly.

After dinner, Sabriel went to the Willow Tree Garden for a private moment.

"What are you wondering, my dear? " asked a voice.
"Nothing, my lord. An old memory. " said Sabriel.
"And made you wonder long? " asked King Thranduil.
"You mustn't be here, my lord." said Sabriel.
"I would like to go and appear when I wish. " He pulled her close to him. His breath tickles her skin,breathing her scent. "You have no power to command me. "

His hand traced down from her head to her neck. Though, it's really tempting. Sabriel grabbed his wrist to stop.

"You mustn't touch someone without their permission, especially a girl." snarled Sabriel, storming off to her chamber.

Thranduil was left with a smirk. What a temper that can challenge him ... He loves her appearance, scent, everything but she does not look the way to him as a friend but an enemy.

___________________________________

Days passed, Sabriel avoided the king of Mirkwood. Galasdir have been protecting her after seeing his father would do such things to her. He dare to cross the border of his father's anger which also made Legolas went mad towards Galasdir. He had no rights to do so.

"Sabriel, let's go for a hunt, " suggested Kristen.
"Yes. It will make you feel free and unsoficated. " said Galasdir.
"Well, I'm sure that you can accompanied me on the hunt. " said Sabriel.
"Lady Sabriel, you are not allowed to hunt. " demanded Thranduil as he heard that suggestion.
"Father! Why are you here? " asked Galasdir.
"It doesn't matter, Galasdir. The lady mustn't go any hunts." ordered Thranduil.
"Excuse me?! Who are you to order me not to go. Bear in mind that you are in my kingdom. " exclaimed Sabriel.
"But I am the king. Or should I say the King's order. " said Thranduil.
"Are you planning onto something, my lord for I could sense something strange must be going on? " eyed Sabriel on Kristen whom is hiding something.

There is a deal between Kristen and The Elvenking behind. A deal that had been made without Sabriel knowing.

"Sabriel, you must listen your father's orders. " said Kristen.
"Kristen, since when you change into a friend who stopped me?" questioned Sabriel.
"Sabriel, you should listen. Or nothing  will happen. Alright? " asked Galasdir.
"Another one? Something fishy had been going. Galasdir, tell me." demanded Sabriel.
"Sabriel, there is nothing. " denied  Galasdir.
"Fine, I will get to the bottom of this matter if none of you tell me. Bear in mind that. " taunted Sabriel, glaring at Thranduil.

She left the place and everyone in the kingdom knew something that she doesn't know. One thing that had been set long ago. An arrangement of marriage.
___________-_____________---_________

Sabriel went to the barracks again for training. Her mind was racing with questions about it. She couldn't figure out.

"Wow, nice sword skill. " said Legolas sarcastically.
"Shouldn't you be with your father? " asked Sabriel, slashing a dummy.
"He changed alot, Sabriel. " said Legolas.
"Oh really? Reason me why? " asked Sabriel.
"The way he look at you. Not to mention he was concerned. " said Legolas. Sabriel laughed at the statement.
"The Elvenking? Concern? From what I heard he was angry. " laughed Sabriel loudly.
"This matter is serious, Sabriel. He may have feelings to you. He seems distracted. Looks like he have a feel for you. " said Legolas.
"Oh really? " asked Sabriel sarcastically. "I highly doubt that. A cold heartless Elvenking fell in love? Impossible. "
"Fine, if you didn't want to believe, I think that you know about a deal that your father had made to us all. " said Legolas.
"What deal? " demanded Sabriel, pointing her sword at his neck.
"Oh dear, I said to much. " said Legolas.
"Tell. Me. " demanded Sabriel.
"You will know when time comes. " said Legolas, leaving her.

Sabriel came into a confuse state. So many things had been going around especially King Thranduil.

'I will get to the bottom of this matter. I have to find out. ' thought Sabriel.

_______________________________

AUTHOR NOTES: HEY GUYS! I apologize for Thranduil's strange behavior. I am trying to make them be friend-enemy. :)