Chapter 16

The following day, Sabriel was heal and the army set out to enter the White Kingdom. It is time to be taken back to the rightful owner. The heir of the kingdom. Sabriel and her companions entered the Main Entrance of the kingdom. The city is covered with snow. The frost layer there for many years.
She looked at her people, sad, bitter, hungry and cold. The water is frozen so as the food. There was no fire lit up. They were shivering because of the cold.

"It change. " said Sabriel.
"Yes. Ever since the witch took over the place and everything went cold and bitter. Children especially died of cold and hunger. " said Gladiolus softly.

Sabriel looked and observed the town that was once very joyful and busy turned into an empty cold town instead. The people looked at her companions and herself with a suspicious look. Well, of course. They dressed with the hood on the head and covered their whole body. You can't even see the face. They dismounted the horse and lead them to the stable.

They walked in town through foot.

"Let's us go to the inn. He is expecting you here. " said Gladiolus.
Sabriel nodded and then they went into the inn. The inn is occupied by people.

"Gladiolus, Galasdir and William. Follow me. The rest please satisfy your hunger with food. Do not say anything about you, the fellowship and us. Keep it secret. Keep it safe. " said Sabriel.

William, Galasdir, Gladiolus and Sabriel went up to a private room.

"It's so nice for you to show up. " said a voice. Sabriel gasped and it turns out to be her oldest best friend, Arasdir.
"It's been too long, Arasdir. I can't believe you are still....alive. " said Sabriel.
"Of course, I am alive. I was all along here. Waiting for your return. " said Arasdir, hugging her.

Galasdir then pushed Arasdir away. My, he looks angry.

"Alright. So, what are we here for? " asked Galasdir.
"I am here to warn you, Sabriel. The evil queen knew your return after you killed the beast. Her minions set out two days ago to hunt you and the fellowship members down. " said Arasdir.
"I can't believe the words travelled fast. " sighed Sabriel.
"The town is full of her spies and minions. Only they are in disguise. I know now they are watching this place and our conversation. We must hide what we truly are. " said Arasdir. "What is your plan? "
"We are to marched into the throne room and take the demon down. " said Gladiolus.
"That's a foolish plan. The Queen's strong hold the King's mind. It will be difficult to pass through the guards. " said Arasdir.
"What is their real plan? " asked Galasdir.
"You do not know our laws in the kingdom. " said Arasdir.
"The exile whom return shall perish and haunted. There will be serious consequences faced but only if to be proven innocent shall be granted as a citizen here." explained Sabriel.
"That is our law. " said Arasdir.
"What of the heir to the throne? " asked Sabriel.
"The heir was suffering in the hall for the evil queen had forced him to do and eventually torture him mentally. " said Arasdir.
"The Prince of White Kingdom. " said Gladiolus.
"The mother. " said Sabriel.
"She was suffering as a slave in the palace. But a few days ago, she was sentenced to death by the evil queen for bedding with the king. " said Arasdir. "The town had been bitter after you left. The trees begun to die and the lake begun to freeze. Most of us died of hunger. Children were crying. We had no money for the Queen had ransacked our money by collecting taxes. Our reputation of our country dropped dramatically. "
"That is why you must take over the throne. " said Gladiolus. "Everyone in town had waited for you long enough. " said Arasdir.
"I have no words. All the bitterness and suffering I cause towards the kingdom. I have none to give them happiness. What of the king? " asked Sabriel.
"Your father had been in a deep sleep a few years ago. The healer told us that no power can heal him unless the only exile can cure him. " said Arasdir.
"Thank you, Arasdir for the information. I shall need you to guide us into the palace. " said Sabriel.

Arasdir bowed and kissed her hand.

"I shall, my lady. " With that he and Gladiolus  left. Galasdir was mad actually.
"Someone is being bother. " said Sabriel.
"Nothing. " lied Galasdir.
"Come on, my friend. Let us eat. " said Sabriel.
"I am going to sleep. Goodnight. " said Galasdir, leaving her alone.
_____-----

AUTHOR NOTES ; Hey guys! Another short and boring part. Trying my best to update it. Lol! Have a good day! :p