Chapter 31

Days passed , the army of three thousands soldiers , had reached the Elvenking's gate.

"The Elven Gate." said the king.

There were mummer filled in the air. The soldiers were afraid to entered the gate as the looks of it. The smell of burn filled in Sabriel's nostril. So as the smell of death. She dismounted the horse and walked to the nearest tree and examined the burn.

"Sire, the people were afraid to enter the forest. As the smell of fresh blood." said Captain of the Army.

"We have none but one to step in." said King Hrive. "All we have to do is follow the path or this illusion will lead us astray."

Sabriel mounted on her horse and joined the others. The more they ventured in, the more darker as it come. Then, a howl was heard and suddenly the tree branches held Sabriel's heels. She was startled and the trees begun to attack the army. Sabriel was dragged by the tree branch. She used her daggers and cut the branch. She fell onto the ground with a 'thud'.

Then, spiders begun to surround her.

"Calm down, Sabriel. Just think like you are in the training." she said it to herself as the spiders are hissing at her.

The first one attacked her. She did the back flip and then threw her daggers onto the third and fourth one. She drew her sword and slashed the spider's fangs. Then, she killed the spiders on her way. After killing the spiders, she took a deep breath. Her sweat tickled down from her head down to her neck.

"Let's go!" ordered the captain.

That is what she heard from the captain. The horses started to galloped fast. She had no energy for she had wasted it on the spiders. Numen was finding her. She soon collasped. At night, she stood up and saw Numen by her side. She mounted on him and the horse galloped to the palace. The blood on her forearm dried but it is still bloody. The guards were surprised to see her.

"My lady! The king was extremely worried about you as you were to presume dead." said the Captain.

"Take me to a room. I am indeed no condition to see him and no one else." said Sabriel.

"Right away." said the palace guards.

They escorted her to a guest room and left her belongings there. She winced in pain as she touched her wound on the forearm. Then, a knock came from the door.

"Come in!" said Sabriel, quickly bandage her forearm as fast as possible.

The door opened revealed Thranduil. He seems concerned.

"Are you alright?" asked Thranduil.

"Oh yes, my lord." said Sabriel weakly.

"My guards had brought you into the right room. It's been 6 days of your sudden disappearance in my forest." said Thranduil. "I was so shocked to hear you coming."

"Oh really?" said Sabriel. She noticed that the bandage begun to stain with blood. She dropped onto the bed with a pale face. Thranduil looked at her with concern.

"You are hurt. Let me see the wound." said Thranduil.

"No! I am alright. Please." said Sabriel in pain.

He ignored her pleading and opened the bandage. He felt disgusted and lay her down on the bed.

"I will call the healers." said Thranduil.

"No, my lord. I do not want my father to worried about me." said Sabriel. "Can you heal me ?"

"Very well." sighed the Elvenking.

He asked a basin of water and the athelese plant. He laid all the things on the table and started the healing process. He dipped the cloth and squeezed it. He then wiped the blooded forearm. She did not look just tighten of her gripped on the blanket. He cleaned her wound. He felt a strange sensation rose in his heart. He decided to ignore the feeling and concentrated the healing process.

"This might hurt." warned Thranduil, putting the kingsfoil in the wound.

Sabriel gritted her teeth and hissed in pain. It is a pain to see her in pain. After fifteen minutes in pain, Sabriel took a deep breath. He bandaged her wound.

"Thank you,my lord." said Sabriel.

He pressed his lips on her forehead. "Anything,my dear." he whispered.

"I need rest. If you please...."trailed Sabriel.

He stood up and left the room. In his heart, he really like her. But does she love him in the way ? The both are now in the confused state. Was this their fate?

_______________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTES: Hey, people. Sorry I posted the story half way. Technical problem. Anyway, this story is not suppose to be a love story! It suppose to be friendship and hardship! How can I let it happen?! But, my dearest cousin suggested me to do some romantic scene in this book. I had no choice but to do to please my cousin. (P.S: Thranduil's fan they are)&(P.P.S: I am truly sorry if I am bad describing the love scene. I am only 15! Not in the relationship mode yet)

Anyway,thanks for the 600+ readers! I really do appreciate that. Have a good day! :)