Chapter 21 - Unexpected, but Pleasant Surprise

"Good morning, beautiful." I heard Collin say from behind me as I was pouring coffee into our mugs.

I held both mugs in my hand and turned around to face him. "Good morning, handsome." I stood on my tippy toes and pressed a soft kiss on his lips then walked to the kitchen table and placed the mugs beside the Greek Yogurt Parfait and scrambled eggs I had prepared.

Collin and I sat on the table and started eating our breakfast. My phone suddenly started ringing. I looked at the screen and noticed that it was my dad calling. I left it ringing and continued eating my food like nothing had happened.

"Who is calling you this early in the morning?" Collin questioned me.

"My dad" I answered as I put a spoonful of the delicious yogurt parfait in my mouth.

"Well, aren't you going to answer him?" He asked me with a raised eyebrow.

I placed the spoon down and looked at him. "No, of course not" I said in a matter-of-fact tone.

Collin sighed and looked at me. "Es, baby, you can't keep ignoring your dad. I know that he left you when you needed him, but what's done is done. Right now you are given a second chance to reconcile with him and make things better so why not take it?"

"You just don't understand it, Collin. You have lived the perfect life. You don't know what it feels like for someone you love to leave you." I raised my voice.

"I'm not saying that I understand it." I could see him trying to control his anger. "Your mom and sister forgave him. I don't see why you can't."

"I just can't, okay?" I stood up from my seat and held the parfait bowl in my hand then walked to the sink.

Collin's breath tickled the back of my neck making the hair rise. "I'm sorry, Es. I didn't mean to make you mad."

I turned around and looked at his sorrowful expression. "It's fine. I didn't mean to get all worked up either. It's just that I don't like to talk about my dad."

"Okay, I won't talk about him anymore unless you do." He promised.

"Thank you, babe, that's all I ask." I stood on my tippy toes and placed a soft kiss on his lips.

#

"Conner wants to see you." One of the dancers told me as she walked into the dressing room.

I placed my makeup brush down and stood up from my seat then walked out of the dressing room and made my way towards Conner's office. I knocked once before the door opened. Conner seemed to be in a good mood as he had a grin on his face.

"You asked to see me?"

"Yes." He grinned even more as he walked back behind his table and sat down on his chair. "You have a private dance to perform."

"How much did they pay?" I asked him, finally figuring out why that grin couldn't be wiped off his face.

"You get one thousand five hundred dollars." He stood up from his seat and walked towards me then handed me the money.

"How much did you get?" I asked him as I nodded my head towards him.

"Five hundred dollars" I was impressed that I had gotten the larger sum, but then again I had to admit that Connor was a fair man.

I nodded. "Which room?"

I walked towards the room that my client was waiting for me at. I nodded at the bodyguard and he opened the door, letting me in. The room was somewhat dark so I couldn't see what my client's face looked like. All I hoped was he wouldn't be some greasy, smelly man who couldn't keep his hands to himself.