Chapter 10 • Ashley

Start from the beginning

"Willow..." Phil kept repeating my name but I didn't respond. I mean, I probably should but why should I? At least he gets go attend moms funeral unlike me.

I bury my head into my brother more and Phil tightens his hug around me. I pull away and breathe in and out.

"You ok?" Phil looks at me.

I shake my head, "Aunt Cassidy... mom... funeral..." i feel more tears pour out.

"What did Aunt Cassidy say?" Phil said. He knew about our bad relationship.

"I'm not invited Phil..." I yell, Phil looking startled at my sudden outburst, "Our moms funeral and I'm not fucking invited! But you are though. You're invited to the funeral because Aunt Cassidy likes you."

Phil looks at me, his eyes filled with hurt and anger. He pulls me into yet another hug, "I'll call her when we get back, I promise Willow. You will come to the funeral and Dan will too. After all, he was kinda a major part of our family."

I look at him and then the doorbell rings. "That's Ashley," Phil comments standing up, "And I think you'll like her."

He runs out the room and Dan comes in the living room and hugs me and gives me a sneaky kiss on the lips, "You'll be fine."

I smile and then Phil comes in the room holding a girls hand. I stared at her. She was exactly how Phil described her to me and Dan. Her hair was light brown with a side fringe and the ends died an amazing colour of blue which caught your eye. Her eyes were a hazel brown and faintly you could see flecks of gold flecks.

I get up and go over to her, "Hi I'm Willow," I smile.

"Oh my god you look exactly like how Phil described you!" She cried, hugging me, "And you look like him too; the eyes and nose are nearly the same."

"Wow Phil you're amazing at describing people aren't you?" Dan laughs coming over, "Because you look how Phil described you," Phil blushed and Ashley laughed, "I'm Dan by the way, Phil's room-mate."

Ashely smiled widely, "Nice to meet you Dan."

"So how did you two meet?" I ask, brushing my left hand through my hair.

"Well it certainly wasn't editing tips 'cos that options already been taken," Ashley giggled. Dan went red.

"We met in Starbucks," Phil said, "I was getting a coffee and so was she. We met and instantly clicked."

"Well you two are adorable together," Dan smiled.

"So what shall we do?" Ashely asks excitedly.

"Well Willow isn't really familiar with London so we could go tour around and go on the London eye..." Phil suggests.

"Sounds pretty good," I smile and Ashely wraps her arm around Phil's waist where Phil pulls her in closer.

•••

We head towards the London eye, Phil and Ashley just ahead holding hands. Dan was next to me with his hands in his pockets and I was too, "I wish I could be holding your hand right now," I hear Dan say.

I look at Dan, "So do I Dan. I wish I could too but if Phil saw us... we'd be dead."

"I know," Dan sighs, "I just wish there was a way we could be together all the time."

*PHIL'S POV*

"They look so cute together don't they?"

I look at the couple ahead of us. They were a older pair holding hands and chatting and walking slowly.

I look at my girlfriend, "Yeah they are..."

"Wait... who do you think I am on about?" Ashley questions, looking at me.

"The older couple ahead of us..." the way she raised her ehe brows and we stopped made me realise, "You weren't on about them...were you..."

She shakes her head, "No i'm not Philly."

We carry on walking, "I'm on about... your sister and Dan..."

It's my turn to stop us, "Woah, woah, woah. No."

"What... why not?" Ashely asks, looking at me.

"It's my sister and my roommate... it's... it's weird..." I admit.

"It's not that weird," Ashely says, "Could be worse."

"Look," We begin to walk for the second time and Ashely rests her head on my shoulder, "I love my relationship with both of them: Willow as my sister and Dan as my roommate and best friend. If they go out, I could risk loosing one of those relationships..."

"But if you love both of them you will understand that they obviously love each other..." Ashley says.

I look at the pair of them. They were laughing, Willow walking into Dan's shoulder from laughing so much. Dan's eyes were closed and from all the way back there, I could hear they're laughter.

"Do you really think they love each other?" I ask.

"Philly you must have forgotten your contact lenses today," Ashley laughs, running a hand through her hair, "They obviously do. Look at their facial reactions. How they are laughing with one another and how your sister is blushing. They obviously are into one another."

I look at them again, Dan whispering into Willow's ear. I feel myself burn up for some reason, "It's weird though..."

"I think you should think about it," She sighs as we stop as we have reached the front of the London eye, "Maybe they will be happy together and you will benefit from it too. Plus, it might not be as awkward for them."

"What do you mean, 'it might not be awkward for then'?" I ask.

"Well... maybe they are going out behind your back..." she suggests.

"They wouldn't do that..." I look at Ashley, "Would they?"

Ashley shrugs before standing on her tip-toes to kiss me on the lips. She pulls away, "I don't know Philly. But just think about it..." and she quickly shut up as the pair approached and we all went in a pod in the London eye, my arm constantly around Ashely's waist and her head on my shoulder.

They wouldn't be secretly going out?

I mean, they couldn't?

Could they?

•••

Oooh Phil is suspicious!!

What do you think will happen?!

Hannah x