Chapter 10 • Ashley

The next morning, I woke up on Dan's bed. I don't remember coming in here last night. I don't even remember getting up off the floor.

I get out of bed with effort. I put my glasses on (I changed them before I had my existential crisis). I get up and look in Phil's room. Phil is up and straightening his hair, "Hey," I smile to him.

He looks up at me and smiles, "Hey sis."

"Err have you seen Dan?" I ask.

He looks at me, "No... why?"

I shrug, "Making sure everyone is alive."

Phil nods and I go to the gaming room where I see a sleeping Dan on the sofa/bed thing that is in there. I look at him and I take my hand and run it over his so he wakes up.

"What time is it..." he groans.

I look at my phone "11am," I say.

Dan groans, "I'm going back to sleep..."

"NO YOUR NOT!" We hear Phil yell, "ASHLEY WILL BE HERE IN A HOUR!"

Dan groans again before sitting up, rubbing his eyes "How come I was in your bed?" I ask him, sitting next to him.

"I put you there and I slept here silly," he says. He then leans in closer, "I would have joined you but I don't want you and Phil to fall out again..."

I put my hand in his and he squeezes it before I stand up, "I'm a go get dressed," I sigh.

Dan nods and I go back to Phil's room. I take a top and ripped jeans. I grab my super-stars and put them on the floor.

I go to the bathroom to get changed before removing my glasses and replacing them with my contact lenses.

I go back upstairs and use the straighteners to straighten my own hair before giving them to Dan to use for his own hair.

I put on my shoes and head into the living room as my iPhone starts to ring out. I look at it; Aunt Cassidy.

Aunt Cassidy is moms sister. I look at the contact. Phil and her get on really well but me and her have difference issues. She hates me a fuck load and more than likely wants me dead.

I sigh and answer, "Hi Aunt Cassidy..."

"Yeah yeah hi. Listen, you're moms funeral is in a month on the 27th at the church opposite our house. Is Philly free to come that day??"

"We are," I say.

"We?" She questions out loud.

I felt emotionally sick, "She's my mom too..."

"Yeah well we only have one seat left and we decided to invite Philly..."

"One, don't call him that. Two, how can you not have room for me... I'm your NEICE!" I cry.

"Look can Philly come or not?" She asks.

"i don't know. And I don't care . I'll see you later Cassidy," I snap and then I hang up on her.

They don't have a seat free for me. It's like they did it on purpose. My moms own funeral and I'm not invited to see her for the last time.

I sit on the sofa and put my head in my hands and cry... good job I didn't put my make-up on earlier.

I hear someone walk in, "Willow? Willow what's gone on?"

I feel a strong grip around me. Phil. This makes me just cry more. The fact Aunt Cassidy wanted Phil there to say goodbye to mom and not me made me feel so useless and invisible.