"It's interesting that in times like this the word of family possibly weighs less than the word of someone who seemed to know what they were talking about." I stated.

That pissed him off. "Dammit Adelaide! What do you want? I told you already I didn't kill your mother. I never would hurt the love of my life!" He yelled at me.

"Then why was she so afraid of you? Why didn't you trust her?" I shouted back.

My father's face paled a bit. "How do you come to conclude that?

I turned and left. Papá kept calling my name as I headed to my room and slammed the door. Jonathan came out of the bathroom. A towel was wrapped around his waist and water dripped from his hair down onto his neck, trailing down his torso, before finally disappearing under the towel.

A perfect distraction.

"What hap-"

Before he could continue, I slammed my lips against his taking him by surprise. He kissed me back equally as fierce and wrapped his arms around my waist. My shirt was damp, soaking in the water from his body. I felt my back touch the smoothness of my sheets.

My father was a liar. He knew something and wouldn't tell me. But what was it? Surely he didn't really kill my mom. A man like him didn't do the dirty work himself unless absolutely necessary. But why was my mother so scared of him? And why did Alina call him a monster? I needed to find out the history between those two. Then there was the fact that Eva was still missing.

I hadn't even noticed that Jonathan had stopped kissing me and was instead leaning over me with a concerned look in his eyes.

"What happened?" He asked.

"Nothing." I grabbed his face and tried to kiss him again but he grabbed my wrists and pulled back.

"Don't lie to me, Addy." He said firmly.

I sighed before giving him a quick rundown of what occurred in the office. How I had lost control and made Papá upset with me. Jonathan put on some clothes as he listened. When I finished, I laid back and stared at the ceiling.

"Sounds like he really might be hiding something there." Jonathan commented as he headed to the bathroom.

"Yeah I know." I said distracted. I planned to look into the journal again more in depth this time. Right then, Jonathan's phone lit up next to me with a message from someone named Tara telling him where to meet her. Just as I was about to mention it I heard a zipper sound.

Sitting up, I saw Jonathan zipping up his coat and bending over to lace his boots. I leaned forward watching him.

"Where are you going?" I asked him, curiously.

He glanced up at me before lacing up the other boot. "To meet a friend." He replied.

I frowned. A friend named Tara? "Oh. Who?"

He shrugged. "Just someone I know from a while back."

"Oh." I said again.

"Yeah." Then he straightened up and stared at me. "Get dressed."

"I don't want to go."

He smirked and walked over to me. He bended over me until I laid on my back and he hovered over me. I stared at his lips as he leaned in closer.

"If you don't leave with me now, you're just going to wait until I go and follow me anyway. And it's not because you don't trust me, because I know you do. It's because you're too damn curious not to." He said softly.