Chapter 18-Chitchat

Comenzar desde el principio

"Yes, we know you." Gabbs said.

"Yeah sure! Remember my 18th birthday." I said teasing her and also wanting to continue the conversation. I really missed her. In the week we were here, though we are near we didn't spend quality time with each other. 

"Hey! That was just one time! And for the record you looked smoking hot." She defended herself. The thing is when I turned 18 she decided that I should party and caked me with make up. I mean, literally too much. She changed my entire my style and gave off the style of one bad-ass girl and clothes too revealing for my liking. But me and our parents thought it was too much and I had a refreshing bath and settled for a family movie and a sleepover with Gabbs.

"Girls, you can have your fight after the ball is over."

"We are not fighting. Who knows whether we can have time after the ball. What if we can't have time?" Gabbs grumbled

But my stomach dropped at those words. I know that she missed me as much as I missed her and she wants to spend time with me. But those words were like the catalyst, you know, some trigger that released a dreadful feeling in me. Like water breaking from the dam I was suddenly hit with an unbearable emotion. No, it's not the feeling caused by Xavier.

This is something else. Completely different. I am filled with complete unease. Like something terrible is going to happen. Something very bad. Something which brings in a change. Something which hurts me. Something which huts Xavier. Something which hurts everyone who I hold dear to me. Something is going to happen.

What is it? Is there any way I can avoid it? Can I  save those whom I love and cherish? Will I be of any help? What if things go out of hand? What if I can't do any thing? What if I lose someone? What if relations break? What if a war starts? What if things turns worse than I can ever imagine? A million thoughts are running in my head. Everything totally bad. I feel so uncomfortable.

"Sophie? Are you alright? You seem so tense and you suddenly spaced out."

"Yeah I am alright."

"Your hair and make up is completed."

Guess I really spaced out.

"Okay then. Go and change your dress. Don't worry people will like you for sure. You are a very sweet child. You make the perfect Queen. Just relax." Sarah thought I was tensed to go meet all the people and advised me. She is really sweet and concerned about me but I really can't tell her what the problem is because I don't know what exactly is happening either.

"I will go on then. I really wish I could stay. But I can't. I have some work to do and there will many people in the ball so I don't think I will be able to spend much time with you in the ball but Xavier will be at your side all the time. You will be alright."

I smiled at her for her sake, to make her feel at ease though that is the opposite of what I am feeling right now.  She left and Gabbs knelt before me and took both my hands in her.

"You know that I love you and you can tell me anything right?"

I nodded, this time smiling genuinely. We are practically sisters and we have each other's back anytime.

"I know that you are in a fight with Blake. Do you want me to talk with him?" She said with an evil glint in her eyes. Trust me when I say you don't want play with the ball of energy, a.k.a, Gabbs. She can be scary when the situation demands.

"No, it's not needed."

"I can't see you sad Sophie. It hurts me. I know that you are not complaining about going back because you are thinking about me and decided to stay here looking for me."