Ashling Catcher- Chapter 4

Ashling catcher – chapter 4

Seraphina woke up panting. Just like any other day,  another dream had taken over her body and soul. This time she was in the desert walking aimlessly in search for water when she saw a fountain of water flowing freely. She ran to it and took a mouthful of water, savouring the taste of that sweet water.

A shadow loomed over her. She squinted her eyes to see better but the sun didn't let her. The person's silhouette was broad. The person got closer and she still couldn't figure out who it was. It wasn't until the person had gently made her sit down while his face loomed over hers just centimetres away that she could see that persons face.

He sucked in her earlobe nibbling on it. He slowly drew circles on her lower back when his hand held her, pressing her up against him. He continued sucking on her lobe until she shuddered at the contact.

"Baby doll..", he whispered.

It was Ashling. She had barely known this guy and he was making his way into her dreams. She would never admit it, but she had liked how he did those little things to her in her dreams. Somehow, even that idiotic nickname made a way into her heart.

All she could think after getting over her dream was, where the fuck is her dream catcher?

**

"Useless", she groaned.

Seraphina rarely ever did get angry and when she did, it was a good reason for her. Ashling had given her the wrong book. Instead of what she had originally picked, "Dream catchers and its relevance", he had swapped it for "Wet dreams", yes! How he had managed to do that was out of the question. She had not noticed it until she opened it  and was completely embarrassed of the text.

"That son of a bitch!", she huffed out a breath.

Seraphina never cursed. It was very un-lady like to. But such situations call for it. She couldn't believe he had pulled that trick on her. She was glad that she didn't read it out while Oliver was at home and instead saved it for when she was alone. Oliver would've had the wrong idea. She had to return the book.

She asked Mr. Lavender to not drop her as it wouldn't be necessary. She wanted to deal with this alone. Mr. Lavender agreed as long as she would call him up when she needed a drop.

"Hello", she greeted the person at the book counter.

"I believe there has been some terrible joke played on  me.", she continued smiling in hopes that the old lady would consider her plea.

"I wanted another book but I must've picked up someone else's book."

The old lady just looked at her, no signs of a smile or even nod.

"Can I please exchange it?", she asked smiling.

"We do not exchange books, Miss. I'm sure you were made well aware of the conditions before purchasing it.", the lady said in a monotonous tone.

"Yes, I do understand. But I was hoping you could consider this just one time since it was an honest mistake."

"I'm sorry. The rules are the same for everyone.", she said looking away and continued reading her fashion magazine.

"Excuse me, please?", she tried getting the lady's attention again.

A laugh interrupted her. She looked at the owner of that laugh. Of course, it was him.