Ashling Catcher: Chapter 1

Chapter 1

Even before she was born it was decided: Seraphina would marry Oliver and that was the end of it. Seraphina never had a choice. From clothes to her choice in career and even her favourite ice cream were all chosen for me.

The only time she had ever made a choice was when her mother, Mrs. Elizabeth Henshaw asked her if she still needed her maid, Mrs. Lavender even after she was engaged. Seraphina obviously said yes. Mrs. Lavender had been a mother to her more than her own mother ever had.

Seraphina knew Oliver all her life. Even when she was in preschool they'd have play dates and Oliver would always rule over her and tell her that she had to be the bride and marry him no matter what. She had always hated how bossy he was.

The Henshaw and Wilde family had been business partners since years. It was about time to name give the family relation a name. Hence, the marriage of Seraphina Henshaw and Oliver Wilde.

She and Oliver had an age gap of three years. All was good when they were children. They would even have baths together but soon they grew. Oliver grew too proud because of his looks and soon started ignoring Seraphina who had still to grow up.

It didn't take long for puberty to work its way through Seraphina. Before she knew it, she had breasts and a butt everybody would subtly check out. Her hair was now long with natural waves in blonde that made her skin seem more porcelain than ever. She was just the exact height with slender legs and a slim waist.

She did get a lot of attention and was asked by several of her mothers friends who we're designers if she'd want to walk for them to which she politely said no. Not until she was done  with high school at least. That was her famous excuse for everything.

The news spread all around and soon caught the attention of the handsome and successful Oliver Wilde. He had seen a couple of pictures of the most beautiful Seraphina and couldn't stop adoring her. He had told his friends he would marry her someday.

During the summer before Seraphina could start her senior year in high school. The whole Henshaw and Wilde family decided to go on their yacht to Hawaii. She knew her enemy would be there so she was prepared for battle before she saw it.

Seraphina knew Oliver was handsome but boy, he was better than he had been the last time she seen him. He was now taller with broad shoulders and platinum blonde hair styled sleekly. He had well muscled arms that even his shirt couldn't contain and stood a few feet taller than her. She looked away before he could say see her.

While the whole family was talking Seraphina preferred silence. She picked up her book she was reading and walked on to the other side of the deck to look at the view in front of her. He followed her slowly and stood beside her. She ignored him for the best. He had been rude to her, the whole world knew it.

"How are you, beautiful?", he asked in a charming voice.

Seraphina scoffed, "Fine, thanks."

She hadn't even bothered asking him how he was which annoyed him. No girl had ever ignored him so plainly. He was Oliver Wilde after all.

"Seraphina, look at me when I talk.", he ordered.

"No, thanks", she said.

She simply opened her book and began reading it completely dismissing Oliver. He grew even wild and was beyond pissed at her attitude. He waited for another second before he caught her upper arms and turned her completely to face him.