Chapter 11: Trust is Everything

"Mila," Normani starts cautiously as the mentioned girl was practically burning the back of Lauren's head as she walks out with Dalton and Charles. "just let her be, okay?" she practically begged, fully knowing what the small girl in front of her was thinking.

"Why should I?" Camila spat out, getting increasingly mad with every passing second. She was getting angrier and angrier, and she practically reached her point when she saw Zhaina tugging at Lauren's hand, intertwining them at the same time. Dinah notices the tight grip Camila had on her shirt. 

"Just fucking stop okay?!" Dinah burst out. She was too fed up with her. Camila keeps on thinking that Lauren left her. Dinah sided with her because Ally and Normani had sided with Lauren. Dinah didn't want Camila to feel like she's going through this alone, even though she brought this upon themselves. Dinah knows the whole story, Lauren told her. She fully understands why Lauren is very upset and just straight up broken; Camila just wont open up.

This has been a very extensive problem with her. Ever since they were friends since kindergarten, Camila always feels miserable when she's around her parents. It was very obvious during her younger years because we all know that children can't fake their feelings. Most of the time they are fully genuine and will tell the truth. As Camila grew older, she started putting on this fake persona for her parents. Whenever she's with them, she gives them this 'perfect' image of a 'perfect' child. And of course, her infamous fake smile. Dinah, Normani, and Ally kept it to themselves that they can perfectly see through Camila's fake persona. They were patient for her. They didn't force her to open up because they fully know that Camila has something hidden. Perhaps her parents? Maybe her past? That they don't know, up until now. They've been trying to decode her. What secrets are she keeping? They even came to the conclusion that Camila is just moody as fuck.

All of this goose chase and charades that Camila's been doing for almost ten years cost her someone who she genuinely loves. And that someone is none other than Lauren Jauregui. 

If you love someone so much, why wouldn't you open up to them? I'm asking you, reader. Would you trust your loved one even if he/she doesn't trust you? Would you fully entrust yourself with someone who wont even entrust himself/herself with you? To put it in simpler words; Would you trust your heart with a stranger?

Even I wont but hell I did.

Camila realizes that after all this time, she was the one who was wrong. She fully blamed Lauren. Wow. That was a bitchy move.

She finally looks up and was greeted by angry stares. Yeah, she dun fucked up. 

A tear rolled down her cheeks and her angry demeanor a while ago turned to soft mushy goo. She physically felt like soft mushy goo. Dinah, Ally, and Normani looked and each other and nod. As if they were silently telling each other 'Finally, she realizes!'.

"Guys," Mila spoke up as she looks at her friends with a frown. "Can you help me win her back?" it almost sounded like she was pleading. "I now realize why she was so mad at me that she won't even look at me. I now realize that all my blaming for her was downright wrong. I am now fully aware of how Lauren's feeling. I wanna win her back," she pauses for a moment as she wipes her tear stained eyes but tears just flowed out anyway, "But is it too late already? Is it too late for her to-"

Ally instantly cut her off, "Mila," she rubs the petite girl on the back, "Trust me, she still loves you. But you'll have to break down the walls she's put up for you. She's become so guarded, afraid that she'll cave in once you cross paths. It might be difficult at the start but trust me, deep down she still loves you. First love never dies right?"

A hopeful smile appeared on Camila's face once hearing Ally's words. She's been with Lauren for the past year, watching her build her walls up to cope up with heartbreak. "Thank you," she says gratefully. 

"Stop crying, goofball. Come over here!" Dinah playfully said, which made a wide smile appear on Camila's face. The other girls laughed and they were soon in a group hug. Ally was so short that she hung on Dinah's back to be able to get in the group hug. When they pull apart, Ally was still hanging on Dinah's back. "Smalls, let go!" Dinah said as she started to wiggle Ally off her back.

"Dinah! I'm gonna-" a loud thud was heard as Camila and Normani clutched their stomachs when they saw Ally fall off Dinah's back. They were laughing so hard that Camila was practically on the floor laughing. Or what sounds like dying.

"Oww," Ally rubbed her bottom which was first to hit the solid floor. Dinah flipped her hair over one shoulder, "You don't mess with Dmac!" she was flexing her imaginary biceps and kissing them proudly. She was then doing weird poses which made Camila and Normani laugh more. 

"Stop guys, I can't breath." Camila whined as she started to compose herself. "No seriously, I cant breath." she said again when Dinah was making weird poses again. Dinah sees Camila and Normani practically dying on the floor laughing. "Okay okay! I still want you guys around." she helped the two laughing girls on their feet.

The playful atmosphere soon faded when their laughing died down. The atmosphere grew thicker. Ally was the first to break the silence, "Remember Camila, trust is everything." Ally said with a serious tone. The other girls nodded, as well as Camila. "I want you to say it." she demanded.

Camila sighs. She knows she was gonna have to do this eventually. For Lauren, she thought. "Trust is everything."

They all gave her supportive smiles and hugs, saying that everything will fall in to place eventually.

If she was gonna love someone, she's gonna have to put her past behind her. If her loved one would ask her of her past, she's gonna have to grow some balls and face it with them. Love is stronger if you work together. And love will last if you put your trust in each other.

Trust is everything.

A/N:

Hello lovely reader! Thank you for giving some of your precious time to reading this fanfic. Yes, it's based on a true story but.. a little more Camren-fied. If that's even a word. 

I know the story's starting off slow but patience is key :D!

I love you MWWWAAAAHHH! Thank u for reading!

If you want me to keep writing, please share this to your friends and spread the love everywhere!

Twitter: @ TheAMiner