Chapter 4: Tell Me

A few weeks into school..

"Arrgh! I don't think I can make it," Lauren spoke to herself, rolling on her back and staring at her ceiling. Tomorrow will be the start of the last week of the month and every day there would be at least two subjects that they'll have to study for their quiz. It was the school's way of refreshing the students' minds of their topics every month.

Lauren was currently studying Algebra. She finished studying Literature a little over an hour ago, but she has been stuck on Algebra for about three hours now and it's already 11pm. She's already gotten five warnings from her mum to go to bed.

"No, stop complaining and get back to work," she told herself.

Lauren slumped on her bed, letting out a sigh of relief, "Finally I can sleep!" She looks over at her bedside clock, 1:24am. She was then knocked out.

~~~~~

Lauren practically ran towards her room and was relieved to see that class hasn't started yet. She takes her seat next to Camila and instantly rests her head on the armchair.

"Tired?" Camila asked and turned her body towards Lauren.

"Very.."

Class Subjects:
8:00-8:45 am Physics/Science
8:45-9:30 am History
9:30-9:50 am Snacks
9:50-10:35 am Math
10:35-11:20 am Literature
11:20-12:35 Lunch
12:35-1:20 pm P.E.
1:20-2:05 pm Music
2:05-2:50 pm Arts
2:50-3:35 pm Grammar
*DISMISSAL*

After a long boring lecture about the relation of friction to acceleration and speed, Lauren was instantly awoken by the thought of the exam coming next. She hasn't even mastered the last chapter, but she scanned it a bit. Camila saw the pale look of Lauren's face, as if seeing a ghost. She took hold of Lauren's hand and caressed it with her thumb. Lauren flicked her head towards Camila, her face having a dark red tint instead of her previous pale one. Camila giggled but was disrupted by the teacher walking in to class.

Lauren managed to pull herself through all the tests for the week, and by Friday night the girls planned on having another hangout but Lauren wants to rest. The rest of the girls then decide to move it on Saturday, literally the next day, but Lauren agrees anyway. She wants to give relief to her mind after all the shit she's been through. I mean, who doesn't hate tests?

D: So tomorrow then?

L: Yeah, it'll be great to clear my mind.

A: So.. whose place?

C: How 'bout my place? My parents won't be here and Sofi's off to an event at school.

L: Sounds like a plan.

N: 'Kay, tomorrow at 5?

L: That's perfect.

C: mkay. Gotta sleep now. Night guys!

D: Night chancho.

A: night everybody, pray before you sleep!

N: night!

L: mkay, night guys.

C: G'night lolo, sleep tight. Love you :* xoxo

L: hahaha night too camz, love u too :* xoxo <3

*Next day*

Lauren is foreign to this hangout concept. She's never been the type to hangout with friends on a Saturday night. She's the type to stay in the house all day, listen to music, scroll through social media, and read books all day. She's pretty impulsive on social media but really preserved in real life. So when she was invited to the girls' Saturday hangout, she was blank at first. She doesn't know what to pack or bring. She just brought what she needed along with some of her favorite movies.