19

"So... 5 Seconds of Direction? Who would call a band that?" 

Ana sighed, shuffling through her papers. "The same people that named a band Hey Violet. Look, you're either in on this or you're not. There will be five of you. Maybe if that friend of yours has talent he can join too," she stated, looking up at Luke. "So are you in?"

"You've given me no information on what this is. I don't know who the people I'll be working with are, and I can't even play any instruments!" Luke said. 

"You don't need to play any instruments. 5 Seconds of Direction are a boy band," Ana stated.

"That's... lame. I don't wanna be apart of a Backstreet Boys ripoff. Besides, that name is lame," Luke stated.

"What can we do to get you to agree? We need a strong voice like yours to support the band. Also, you're quite hot. The girls will like that," Ana said. 

"Is my face the only thing you're interested in? Because if it is, you can have it," Luke stated. 

"Look, if the boy band thing isn't for you, we'll sign you solo. It's your choice," Ana said. 

Luke bit his lip. "Can I have a moment? To talk to Michael?" He asked. 

Ana sighed. "You can have five minutes. That's it. You don't get a second chance in fame Luke. Make the right decision."

Luke stood up, leaving the office. He went to Michael. "So?" Michael asked, standing up. "Are we done?"

"No, I have to decide. Do I go down the boy band path, or do I go solo?" Luke asked.

"Solo," Michael said quickly. Luke raised his eyebrow. 

"Okay..." Luke mumbled, going back into the office. He sat back down at the chair, sighing quietly.

"It's official. I'm going solo," he stated, crossing his arms and leaning his back against the chair. 

"That was easy, wasn't it?" Ana asked. Luke shrugged, biting his lip. "Your stylist will move in on Monday. Also known as tomorrow. We've got a song written that you can use for your first single. I'll email it to you, then you'll record it on Thursday. We'll release it next Monday, okay?" 

"Doesn't that seem a bit... fast?" Luke asked. Ana chuckled, shaking her head.

"Welcome to Hollywood Luke. Life moves fast... I hope you learn to keep up."