03

"So Casey actually messaged you back? That's awesome Luke! But not the fainting part, obviously. That didn't sound too awesome at all," Michael rambled.

"But I mean, it got me into detention and I met this awesome guy and now I'm friends with him. So in the end, it wasn't that bad, but yeah. Detention was hell. I don't understand why you always wanted to be in there," Luke said. He sat down on his bed, putting the phone on speaker and laying down.

"Well, it got me out of classes didn't it?" Michael joked. Luke rolled his eyes.

"It also made you miss university and get a job at Starbucks," Luke said.

"Did you get free frappucinos Luke or did I leave you to starve?" Michael asked. Luke chuckled, sighing quietly. "What's up Lukey? Are you upset or something?" he asked. "C'mon, tell Doctor Michael all of your problems."

Luke smiled weakly. "It's just that, I kinda miss Ashton. He was such a beautiful person and that sick guy killed him. Just for fun," he mumbled. Michael bit his lip hard.

"I mean, yeah, he died, but... it's okay now I guess," Michael whispered. Luke knew that Michael was trying to hide the fact that he was crying. He wasn't the strongest person ever, but he would always try and stay strong when someone needed help.

"I'm sorry, I shouldn't of brought him up. I know that's a sensitive place for you," Luke said. He heard a long sigh from the other end of the phone. "How about you come over and we can watch Jurassic World together? How does that sound Mikey?"

"I don't know. I've got to touch up my resume and I have to find somewhere with an open space. Plus I need to meet up with Ashton's parents again," Michael replied.

"You've been meeting up with them a lot. What do you talk about?" Luke asked.

"Most of the time we go to the police station and try to find his killer. Sometimes we go to his apartment and look around for clues. Other times we just sit and have dinner and then afterwards we talk about all the things we remember about him and how happy he made everyone," Michael whispered.

Luke bit his lip. "His parents haven't let go, have they?" He asked.

Michael shook his head, blushing when realised that Luke couldn't see him nodding. "No, they really haven't. But I mean, he was their only son. And I think if it was my parents who had to go through all of this, they'd probably be worse. A lot worse," He stated.

"It doesn't sound very healthy for them or for you. You need to try and get them to a therapist," Luke said.

Michael bit his lip. "I feel bad though. I mean, I don't want to force anything upon them. It has to be a natural process of letting go," Michael mumbled.

Luke sighed quietly.

"But hey, let's talk a bit more about this Calum guy. You said he's pretty hot?" Michael asked.

Calum chuckled quietly as he listened in on Michael and Luke's conversation. He made sure his microphone was off, continuing to listen.

"Yeah he's kinda hot. I can't figure out where he's from. He might be Asian?" Luke said.

"Do you have a picture of him?" Michael asked.

Luke shook his head. "I didn't feel a picture was necessary. His beautiful face has been burned into my mind," he replied.

Michael rolled his eyes. "You're legitimately a teenage girl. A weak, skinny, ugg boot wearing, teenage girl," he said.

"Luke! Are you doing homework up there? You'd better not be failing any classes!" Liz yelled. Luke sighed.

"I guess I'd better go," he mumbled.

"Okay, I'll talk to you later Luke. Don't stay on Netflix for too long," Michael said.

Luke scoffed. "Shut up Michael," he said, hanging up.