13

When Luke awoke, he found himself strapped to a table in Calum's basement. This time, he knew he shouldn't be assuming that it was for sexual purposes.

"Good morning sleepy head."

Luke looked straight at Calum, struggling.

"Let me out of here," Luke said firmly, staring at Calum. He looked around the room, biting his lip.

"I thought I was your only friend Luke. Would you prefer to be all alone?" Calum asked.

"At this moment and time, yes," Luke mumbled. Calum shrugged his shoulders.

"Fair enough," He said, turning and starting to go up the stairs.

"Wait! I don't actually want to be alone. Can't we talk or something?" Luke called after Calum, panicking slightly. Calum rolled his eyes, coming back down the stairs.

"Happy?" Calum asked, crossing his arms and leaning against the wall. Luke had to admit, he looked pretty hot in only skinny jeans. It wasn't like Luke hadn't seen him naked before but... he is a freak. Luke sighed, nodding slowly.

"So Calum, if that is even your real name, tell me about yourself. The real you. Because the guy I got to know obviously wasn't the real you," Luke said. Calum let out a menacing chuckle.

"You think just because I knocked you out and now have you tied up in a basement full of weapons I didn't tell you the truth? You're actually wrong. My name has always been Calum, but you also know me as Casey," Calum said, smirking. Luke froze, shaking his head slowly.

"No. It was Casey. The snapchat..." Luke mumbled, tears filling up in his eyes. "I told him the secrets I wanted no one to know."

"And this is how I get everyone Luke. Society's intelligence is decreasing very quickly. We trust everything we read on the internet. We try to follow every one of the world's expectations. I know for a fact you didn't tell anyone about Michael raping you because everyone says boys can't get raped. We may be the most technologically advanced group of humans, but we just use that to hide how stupid we are. Most of us can't even do simple addition. Everyone's too busy staring at their phone, and they're missing everything that's happening in front of them," Calum stated.

"Wait, everyone? Who else did you get?" Luke asked

"Is that seriously all you got from that? I spent two minutes of time I could be using to kill you to try and get you to understand there's more to the world than people's expectations of you and your phone," Calum said, groaning.

"In case you haven't noticed, I'm tied up in your basement. I thought I could trust you Calum! I thought I meant something to you!" Luke exclaimed. Calum sighed quietly.

"You're not special Luke. You're just another one of my victims," Calum said.

"Are you really a teenager? Did you only start at the school so you could hunt me down like a deer?" Luke asked.

"I'm twenty. The rest of that stuff doesn't matter," Calum replied.

"Well, I'm sure you didn't just somehow know I'm in love with Casey Moreta. How'd you do it? And why did you choose me?" Luke asked.

"A murderer never shares their secrets... but since you're going to die soon anyway it probably doesn't matter," Calum said. Luke played with one of his rings.

"Isn't it a magician?" Luke asked.

"Do you want me to tell you or not?" Calum snapped, pulling a knife out of his jacket and spinning it between his fingers. Luke tensed when he saw the knife, biting his lip.

"Go ahead," he mumbled.

"I was reading an article a couple of months back about one of my previous kills, Ashton Irwin. I didn't think he was special at all, but from what I read it seemed that he meant the world to you and Michael. So I thought, hey, let's bring the gang back together. Unfortunately, when I poisoned Michael, he slipped into a coma. I think he was close to dea-"

"You poisoned Michael? How the hell did you poison Michael? What did you poison him with? You tried to kill my last real friend!" Luke interrupted, growling and tugging at his restraints.

"Actually, at that time, you thought I was your only real friend," Calum said.

"And Ashton! He's gone because your sick mind had nothing better to do!" Luke screamed, thrashing around more. 

Calum moved back slightly, seeing the restraints were starting to weaken.

"Woah, Luke, calm down," Calum said. He slowly moved towards the stairs.

The restraints snapped and Luke launched himself onto Calum, screaming loudly. He pinned Calum to the wall, punching him in the face.

"This is for Ashton!" He exclaimed, punching Calum again."That was for Michael!"

Luke took a deep breath, snatching a gun off the wall. "And this is for all the other people you killed, freak," he whispered. He pulled the trigger twice, the bullets going into Calum's heart.

He panted. He dropped to his knees and then closed his eyes. The danger was gone. The only thing Luke had left to face was the monster he had become in the short time he was surrounded by darkness.