24

Troyes pov

I don't really remover blacking out.

All I know is that I didn't tell Connor about the pains.

I woke up in the ambulance.

It was dark and there were cars speeding by us.

Everything was muffled and blurry.

I turned my head around and tried to sit up, only see that I was strapped in.

A female nurse with a kind smile told me I was okay and that her name was Hannah.

I asked about my parents.

She told me that they would meet us at the hospital.

I lay back down.

Connor.

I needed to tell him.

I tried to urgently tell the nurse that I needed to make a phone call right away, but she just put her fingers to her lips and told me to quiet down. She gingerly stuck a needle in my arm, and soon I faded away again.

...

I woke once again, bright fluorescent white lights temporarily blinding me. Blinking rapidly, I sat up. I rubbed my eyes and opened them to find that I was in a hospital. I racked my memory to try to figure out why the hell I was here, but nothing came up. I tried to stand up, but the tubes attached to my arms held me in place.

I tried to speak but my throat was too dry.

Just then a nurse with a short blonde pixie cut walked in, a friendly smile on her face.

She looked oddly familiar. Hannah.

I remembered it all.

Leaving Connor.

Driving away.

Crashing.

The pain.

I lay back down, clenching my eyes shut, it all coming back. Why didn't I tell anyone? I was so stupid! The last time I had pains like that was when I found out that I had fucking cancer. What was I thinking?

Hannah walked over too me, eyes warm and sweet. She handed me a glass of water and I took it with a 'thank you' nod. I sat up and chugged the whole thing. Clearing my throat, I asked her where my parents were. She told me that it was late at night and that they had gone out to eat and that they knew about everything. I asked her what she meant by 'everything' and she just sighed and look at her clipboard.

"It's bad news, Troye." Was all she said. Bad news? I guess I was used to bad new, especially when it came to my heart. I nodded for her to continue. Slowly, she told me everything that had happened. My awful chest pains were caused by small pieces of heart tissue falling into my bloodstream, then they were being carried to  blood vessels and getting the way of the blood flow to vital organs.

This sounded way to familiar.

She told me that I had a cardiac tumor. Just like the one I had when I was 11.

I closed my eyes and felt by stomach drop.

No. This isn't happening.

"There's more, but we can wait," she said gently, standing up to leave.

"No, please just tell me the rest," I demanded with my eyes still clenched shut.

"This time, you have a touch of cancer too."

The tears fell, one by one. My whole body shook.

"I need to make a call," I told Hannah.

She handed me an old phone and left.

I dialed Connors number.

It rung three times.

"Hey Tro! Wassup?" He exclaimed through the phone, his bright smile almost in front of me.

I began to cry harder as soon as I heard his voice.

"Con, I'm at the hospital. Please come. I need to see you," I whispered.

I heard Connor gasp.

"I'm on my way." Was all he said before he hung up.