Chapter 24: Part III

I finally got around to writing the next chapter! So I guess this means my hiatus is over. The school year made things really hectic, but now that its summer, I'll try to post new chapters at least every other week, if not, once a week. I really want to finish this before the end of summer. There's probably only a few more chapters left.

I can't thank you enough for sticking with me through all of this and I'm so sorry sorry for making you all wait so long. Often times reading all your wonderful comments was the highlight of my day! I might've given up on this story entirely had it not been for all your comments and votes, so thank you so much! Now go ahead and give yourself a cookie if you actually read all of that! Sorry to keep you waiting

(Just a warning, I haven't edited this. I was so eager to post it that I haven't even read through it yet.)

Enjoy!

......................This chapter is dedicated to all my followers......................

Lucy, Erza, and Happy could only stare at you and Gray with their mouths agape. Before either of you had a chance to explain, Natsu's body erupted in dangerously bright flames. Shit. He charged towards Gray, only to trip on your purposefully extended leg and fall on his face. Gray opened his mouth as if to insult the dragon slayer, but thought better of it after you shot him a glare.

"What the hell?!" Natsu shouted indignantly. He quickly stood up and ran towards Gray only for you to grab his scarf, effectively keeping him in place.

"Cut it out!" You yelled, but Natsu wasn't listening. That stubborn idiot was still attempting to escape your grip. You rolled your eyes before you punched him in the gut, causing him to fall unconscious.

"What a moron," Gray muttered, but again, you sent him a glare. This time, he held your gaze before rolling his eyes. You could've cut the tension with a knife. This whole breakup thing is really a pain in the ass.

You sighed. "Let's just get back to the guild," you said to the rest of the team. You picked up your unconscious brother and draped his arm across your shoulder. Before anyone agreed, you started walking back towards the main road with you're teammates soon following.

"Um...is he okay?" Lucy asked once she caught up with you.

You shrugged. "He'll be fine."

"And you?"

Shit. The question almost made you stop in your tracks. It shouldn't be a surprise, but she still managed to catch you off guard.

"I'll be fine," You finally said, hoping the conversation would end there. But that's not how it works in Fairy Tail; you don't stop talking until the entire guild knows every detail. There was no way Lucy was going to drop the subject anytime soon.

"And right now? Are you fine?" You couldn't bring yourself to look her in the eye. One look at her big puppy-dog eyes would be enough to make you cave, and you really didn't feel like spilling your guts to her today. Knowing Lucy, she'd have a million questions about why you and Gray broke up and she'd want to talk about feelings (gross). Thanks, but no thanks.

For once, the universe seemed to be working in your favor. You came up to the main road right as the carriage pulled up, robbing you of the chance to answer the blonde's question. Despite your discomfort in carriages, you were quick to jump on. The celestial mage undoubtedly noticed your attempt to evade her question, but fortunately didn't protest. This was going to be a long ride and you already had a headache.

_.-°-._.-·*·-._.-°-._

Gray's P.O.V.

Everyone was silent on the trip back to Magnolia; it was beyond awkward, even with (f/n) asleep. Staying far away from each other was proving rather difficult on the tiny carriage, but it wasn't from a lack of trying. We sat on opposite ends of either booth, heads turned firmly towards the small windows. Natsu sat unconscious next to his twin sister with his head on Lucy's shoulder. I noticed Erza and Lucy exchanging worried glances, but I ignored them. The last thing I needed was the girls telling me that I was wrong. Not when the damage had already been done. Not when I already knew...