Chapter 18: Part II

I apologize ahead of time for this chapter, but I have to say, I think it's the cutest chapter I've written so far.

So I'm still not sure how you feel about the Q&A section, so I need your feedback on that.

Also, I'm always open to receiving messages, so write me anytime!

I'm willing to answer any questions you have, don't be afraid to ask!

I have been editing a lot of my old chapters where I forgot to explain some stuff, so if you go back there are a few minor changes.

Thank you so much for reading!

........................................................................................................................

"Gray! Put me down!" You demanded once again.

"No." He said flatly, but you could tell he was suppressing a laugh. Gray was carrying you over his shoulder and refused to tell where you were going. Every time you asked, he responded with, 'we're going on an adventure.'

"This is getting really uncomfortable," you told him. If he wasn't going to drop you, then you'd just have to force him. You summoned a tiny flame. It burnt through his jacket and as the flame went through his shirt you were stopped by a quick, stinging pain on your bottom. He did not just do that!

"Did you just spank me?!" You yelled. He didn't respond, but you could feel him smirking. "Gray!" Finally, he puts you down.

"Gray! I can't believe you! What the hell was that?! I'm going to-" but before you could finish your threat, Gray had picked you up and started walking again. Only this time, you were being carried bridal style.

"Gray! Put me down!" You yelled. He just laughed.

"You do realize that I have legs? That I can use to walk," finally, he gave in.

"Fine, I guess it's no fun when you're complaining the whole time."

"Really?" You asked sarcastically, now back on the ground. " because it looked to me like you were having a hell of a good time!" You say furiously. Gray shrugged.

"Yeah, it was pretty amusing," he admitted with a smirk. You punched him, now it's your turn to smirk.

"So, now that we've established that I can walk," he smiled slightly at this,"I don't suppose you'd be willing to tell me where we're going?" Gray shook his head. "I thought so. Well you should know that you took off your pants after you dropped me," you informed him.

"What?!" He looked down to find that he was, in fact, wearing pants-and (for once) a shirt.

"Gotcha!" You laughed.

"That's it, you just lost your walking privileges!" He tried to pick you up, but you grabbed his arm before he got the chance. He leaned in close so that your lips were almost touching. You were caught offguard and he took the opportunity to scoop you up yet again.

"Gotcha," he said, imitating you.

"Aho baka," you muttered.

"I might consider letting you walk if you're nice to me," he said wickedly.

"Believe me, I'm being nice," he raised an eyebrow,"I haven't burnt you to a crisp yet." Gray smiled at this.

"Well, considering that's a first for you, it's not a bad start," he said tauntingly, "but it's probably going to take a really nice action." You gritted your teeth.

"Fine then, you aren't totally repulsive," he shook his head. Grr.

Reluctantly, you threw your arms around his neck and planted a quick kiss on his cheek.

"Happy?" You asked. Gray chuckled as he set you on your feet. The two of you continued walking together.

He took you to the far east side of town, you had no idea what he could be showing you.

"Why are you doing all this?" You asked after a while. He takes a second to answer.

"You'll see." Gray reached for your hand and intertwined his fingers with your own. You walked the rest of the way in silence.

Gray led you to the very top of a hill near the outskirts of Magnolia. The hill was littered with gorgeous Sakura trees. In front of you lied a beautiful lake that reflected the pink cherry blossoms blooming above the water. You gaped at the beautiful scene. Gray put a hand on either shoulder and turned you around so that you were staring at the other side of the hill. The entire town of Magnolia unfolded before your eyes. You could see the cathedral in the distance, and if you looked really hard, you could make out the guild hall.

"Gray," you said softly,"it's beautiful." He smiled.

"I come up here to think sometimes," he explained, "or just to be alone," he continued. "But there's really no need for that anymore," he smiled at you when he said that. It was the truest smile Gray had ever given you. You couldn't help yourself, you wrapped your arms around him and hugged him.

You realized that you had never really hugged him before. You had kissed plenty of times, and there was that one time in Zaro's prison when he held you through the bars, but it was never a real, solid hug. You hugged him tighter, as if the world might stop spinning if the two of you separated, and that is exactly how you felt. He kissed the top of your head softly, like  a father would to his child. Normally, an act like that would tick you off, but when Gray did it, you felt secure.

"(F/n)? You're suffocating me." Reluctantly, you let go.

"Sorry," you said. He laughed a little.

"Come over here," he pulled you to spot under a Sakura tree so that you were facing the west. The sun was just about to set above the city, stained the sky hues of orange, pink, and purple. You leaned into Gray as the two of you watched the sunset together.

From that hill, you could see every star clearly. You and Gray spent the night under those stars. You talked for hours, but there were also times were you were silent and just being together was enough. You knew that you could never lose Gray. If Zaro's prophecy turned out to be true, then you wouldn't be able, then you would have to do anything in your power to stop it, even if it meant giving your life.

"Thank you," you told him," for everything. He looked down at you. Instead of responding, he hugged you closer to him.

It was probably around midnight when you finally start to fall asleep. You closed your eyes and listened to the steady beat of Gray's heart. Once he thought you were asleep, kissed your head and whispered in your ear.

"I love you," he had said. Of course you knew this, but you didn't think he would tell you. Even though he thought you couldn't hear him, it was still great to hear.

"I love you, too" you whispered back after a while. You could tell he was shocked to hear this. You felt him move a little bit. He laughed softly before leaning his head upon yours.

You fell asleep to the sound of Gray breathing.

.......................................................................................................

Questions, comments, concerns? Leave a comment or write me a message! How'd you like it? Give it a vote for a thumbs up!

Thanks for reading!