•14• anger issues

Start from the beginning

"You were in my bed." I reminded him, "and don't talk about yourself in third person. It's weird."

"I told you, I have back pain." He placed one hand on his hip, and the other trailing up his spine, demonstrating where it apparently hurt.

"Back pain my ass." I mumbled, rolling my eyes.

"You're wrong. Back pain is located on your back. Hence the name. Back Pain." He retorted.

"Stop being a smart ass." I groaned.

"Asses can't be smart." He grinned cheekily; "is ass your favorite word?" he snorted. I whacked his head without giving him the satisfaction of a response.

"Hm," he rubbed the area I targeted, "I thought that'd hurt less."

I rolled my eyes, "gee, thanks. Great confident booster, you are."

"No, Yoda," he placed both of his hands on my shoulders, "it was a compliment." He flashed his goofy, crooked, smile.

"I can come back later," Gold said, startling us, "I don't was to ruin the moment." He tried, and failed, to sound nonchalant, but the red in his face and the faint glow of his skin from holding back laughter indicated otherwise. With many hours training together, Gold taking me down almost every time, it's safe to say we've developed a friendship of sorts. Frequently complaining about Sterling behind his back is one of our favorite hobbies.

Sterling jumped away from me like I carried some sort of infectious disease, and cleared his throat, "Momentum attacks are spontaneous, but they're also getting more frequent with each day we waste goofing off. We need to train until sweat flies off our eyebrows, in order to take this sad excuse of a super down." His words seemed to spike confidence within both Gold and me, we stood up straighter and a mask of seriousness settled upon our faces- my face. Gold wears a cowl that hides most of his emotions.

"Alright then, get into position." Sterling demanded, twirling his fingers. Gold and I got into our fighting stance, "refrain from using your powers. Ash, this includes you. Your weakness could be anything, so you have to be prepared for everything." I nodded, waiting for Gold to make the first move.

He soon came at me, trying to grab my arm. I pushed him away and attempted to swing my fist in his face. He grabbed my hand before I got it anywhere near him. He tugged on my arm and twisted it so I was forced to turn around. He held my back against his chest, my arm, and one of his, wrapped tightly across my chest so I couldn't move. I managed to wrap me leg around his in an attempt to bring him down, but he shifted his weight forward, so instead of falling back, he fell forward, bringing me down with him.

I laid there for a moment, unable to move because of the heaping pile of spandex and bones on top of me.

"Could you get off of me?" I asked. "Er- please?" I added when I found the words that came out of my mouth were harsher than what I meant for.

"Oh, uh- yeah." Gold mumbled. The glow of his skin became more apparent the longer he fumbled to get up, it shone with a bright force when Sterling decided to kick the arm that he was using for balance, and he fell right back down. I yelped when his forearm stabbed me in the gut, followed only by his weight. One thing I've found out about Gold, is that his skin glows not only when he's using his powers, but also when he's embarrassed, sad, happy, frustrated; basically, whenever he has an overload of any emotion, he lets it out with a glow that lasts until that certain feeling goes away. When Gold finally managed to stand up without Sterling bringing him down in some sort of way, he was glowing as bright as the sun, I had to look away before he burned my eyes. Again.