It all ends?

Chapter 1

Year 2056

Scientists were saying it was the same one the Mayan ancestors saw long ago, that they had predicted would collide with earth. It had been known about for weeks, the whole world knew about the giant, rogue asteroid that was going to hit the earth.

Why hadn't this been figured out long ago, when there may have been some hope? When something could have been done? There were no answers.

It didn't matter now. Everybody in the world could see it. You didn't need TV, didn't need the internet. The people froze.

It wasn't going to be an earthquake, a flood, a famine, a nuclear war or a disease that was going to end life on the earth. No, ironically it was going to be a gigantic rock slamming into earth.

The people stood with their weapons and fired missiles, as a futile attempt to stop the rock, and immediately all was silent. The endless chattering and views of the celebrities of the end which were playing everywhere ceased.

The night filled with red slash marks.The missiles weren't going to help.

All the world leaders had their excuses, the politicians were hiding in deep underground bunkers, praying it broke up and hit any other country but where they hiding.

Aayden picked up a bottle of beer and wondered how long he had left. A few hours? A few days? Didn't make a whole lot of difference now. He proceeded to get himself blindly drunk.