sixteen

when i woke up the next day, i really didn't want to leave my room.

when i went into the bathroom, i noticed how tired and worn-out i looked.

i look wrecked. get rekt.

shut up, ryan.

i slowly got into my black jeans, my white sweater that said 'baby boy'  in light blue on it, all black high-top converse, and slid my fringe underneath a black snapback. i did my normal morning stuff and grabbed my messenger bag and phone.

as i walked downstairs, i decided to check my phone and text back people.

from jonah jonas brother: hey m8, hope things go well this morning. we'll be waiting for you and your bf to arrive ((((;

to jonah jonas brother: twat. you're a huge fucking twat. see you soon (((-;

from sir joseph: FUCKING JONAH TOLD ME YOU AND LUKE ARE BOYFRIENDS NOW OH MY GOD I WOKE UP AND HAD AN ANEURYSM

to sir joseph: i'm surprised he didn't tell you what happened after i told my family //-:

from sir joseph: he did boo ): i'm sorry. joney sandwich will be ready for you

i smiled at his text as i entered the kitchen.

immediately, all talking stopped and i had a bunch of eyes on me.

calum and maianh sat next to each other, both of them scolding dad more. ashton was sipping his tea, quietly. my mom was next to him, across from the couple and monitoring everything and dad, well.

he sat at the end of the table and his eyes snapped to me.

i avoided eye contact and went to sit at the only available seat, which was across from him.

and the furthest away, thank god.

i felt guilty, inside, for thinking these things about my dad, but i wasn't ready to just forgive him that easily. 

"morning, sweetheart. how did you sleep?" mom slid my tea mug over and i gave her a nod as a 'thank you'.

i sighed, holding the mug with both of my hands.

"i've had better nights, believe me." i drank my tea slowly.

the silence was awkward and i could feel my dad staring me down.

i put my mug down and turned to maianh and calum.

"hi, guys. didn't think you would be here." i smiled, slightly, as they both turned their glares away from my dad.

"your mom called me last night and explained the whole 'facebook' thing. we were a little confused, but not surprised." calum smiled, giggling a little like a girl.

"oh, yeah. he uh called and asked me if he could do that. not that i didn't want to or anything." i blushed, remembering i accepted the request to piss my dad off, but to make luke happier about everything.

"well, i'm very happy for you. you deserve him." maianh chimed in, giving my mom a smirk.

my phone started to ring then.

incoming call from lucASS.

"oh speak of the devil. here, let me just-" i got up and went to the far end of the living room.

i knew they would still here me, but might as well try to be private.

"hello?" i said, still a little sleepily.