fourteen

monday, march 7th

"YOU PUT THE BOOM BOOM INTO MY HEART! YOU SEND MY SOU-"

"fuck me."

"naughty naughty."

my head whipped out from under my pillow to see my mom standing in the doorway, her arms crossed, and smirk on her face.

i blushed, gently sitting up, and dismissing my alarm.

"good morning." i mumbled, looking at my lap.

"i mean, if blaine makes you feel that way, kurt would be upset-"

"MOM, HE DOES NOT! I SAID IT BECAUSE I DIDN'T WANT TO GET UP!" i exclaimed, smacking my back on the bed.

"you save those thoughts for luke." she laughed out.

"no, oh my god. no, stop it right now. luke is my friend." i groaned

"get dressed and come eat. hurry up!" she shut my door and i heard her going down the stairs.

last night, luke and i didn't facetime. actually, we haven't facetimed for a few days. it confused me a little, because the last 4 or so days, he's been back to being quiet. he would usually contribute to conversations with me and the guys, but he has just done his thing. it was a little upsetting. i thought for a second that i had done something, or that one of the guys did.

oh god, what if his mom said she didn't want him to talk to me, but he didn't have a way to tell me?

"no, you're being stupid ryan. luke is your friend. nothing is wrong with him." i told myself, now in my closet picking out an outfit.

i shrugged my thoughts off and picked out really tight maroon pants and rolled up the bottom to my ankle. i put on a long sleeve black tshirt and rolled the sleeves to my elbows. i grabbed my black low-top vans and tied them on my feet.

in the bathroom, i used some clay to mess up my bed head to at least make it a sexy kind of messy. i put on deordorant, cologne, and sprayed my hair with hairspray, before grabbing my phone and bag, and trotting down the stairs.

"good mornin." i said, turning the corner into the kitchen.

i froze for a second.

"hey, bud." ashton was sitting at our table.

i frowned and went to sit next to him.

he was pale, sleep deprived, and looked absolutely wrecked.

"is everything okay?" i asked, looking up at my parents.

"ashton and bryana got into a fight last night. she stormed out to go stay at a friends and they just need some time away from each other. ashton is going to stay the week with us." mom said, patting ashton's shoulder and handing both of us a bowl of cereal.

"i'm sorry, ash." i said, leaning my head on his shoulder.

"it's okay, ry." he leaned his head on mine, before sighing and starting to eat his food.

i noticed a duffel bag on the couch, along with his backpack. he looked so sad and defeated. he looked like he had been up all night and beating up on himself.

"what was the fight even about, ash?" dad asked, across from his best friend.

"we went to get burgers last night, the ones from the really good diner downtown. she thought i was flirting with the girl at the counter. i was just being nice, honestly. i'd never cheat on her in a million years. but, when we got home, she started screaming at me and just blowing everything up. it lead us both to yelling and she just started throwing stuff in her bag and left. she texted me an hour later, saying she was going to stay at her friend's house." he huffed, throwing his phone across the room onto the couch.