nine

"michael, i swear to god. if you ruin your son's hair, i'm shaving yours off!"

it was the night before my birthday. i had went to dad and said i wanted to go to the darkest brown hair we could find, without it being black.

so, now we were sitting in the living room. i was wearing my dad's signature 'hair dye' shirt and he was slapping the shit on my head.

my mom always gets scared when we dye our hair because shes worried one of us will really ruin our hair.

"relax, babe! i know what i'm doing!" dad laughed, rubbing around the dye with his gloved hands.

"dad this shit burns my eyes and stinks! open a damn window!" i blinked.

"MICHAEL CLIFFORD! YOU GOT IT IN HIS EYE!?" mom screeched, rushing over.

"no! the smell burns his eyes! mary, i have this handled fine!" he groaned, flicking her away. "let me work my magic."

"i swear if his hair is fried, i will castrate you." she stressed, going to continue dinner.

"we have been soaking his hair with coconut oil all day. its going to be fine! and we are using a conditioning treatment after." dad put a shower cap over my head. "30 minutes, kid. go finish cleaning your room, now."

he lifted me up and carried me to the stairs.

"I CAN WALK, YOU KNOW!" i hit his back.

he set me down. "you wouldn't have went. you would've stalled and made up an excuse. go clean." he pointed upstairs and i groaned, stomping up the steps.

"WATCH THE ATTITUDE, LITTLE CLIFFORD!" he yelled up the stairs, chuckling.

"oh shut it, he gets it from you." i heard mom say to him, causing my dad to mumble some curse words.

i got in my room and went over to my desk, opening spotify on my laptop, and picking a playlist.

i started dancing and picking up around my room. my bruises were still present, them being more of a black color now. i wasn't in any pain except for my ribs. other than that, i was feeling much better.

the bruises made me look kind of attractive ??????

i don't know, i was enjoying the look a bit more than i should've.

i was interrupted by the sound of my phone ringing.

i frowned, turning my music down a bit, and picking up my phone.

jonah jonas brother

"hello?" i asked, putting it on speaker.

"you associated with luke hemmings!?" i heard jonah yell.

"um, what are you talking about?" i sat on the edge of my desk, kicking my feet back and forth.

"he came up to me and joey today! he was like 'is ryan here today?' and i almost shit myself! how could you put us through this!?" he rushed out, seemingly out of breath.

"he was the boy who saved me on tuesday from brandon." i mumbled, a bit shy.

"HE WHAT?!" i heard jonah and joey BOTH yell.

"hey, take it easy! my ears are sensitive to your loud asses." i chuckled.

"he saved you? why didn't you tell us?" joey asked.

"because this is luke fucking hemmings. you wouldn't have believed me!"

"that's true, we wouldn't."