LI CHI, WORM SLAYER

The Silk Road was opened in an earlier, during and after the Black Dragon

The Silk Road was opened in an earlier, during and after the Black Dragon. Trading brought outside beliefs, warriors, and conquerors into China because the Emperors who ruled China, at that time were many and bidding war against each other. In with the start of the Chin Dynasty about 220, heroes helped displace these worms and serpents who threatened the protective wise dragons. Li Chi is such a heroine who helped start the Golden Dynasty, of the Golden Dragons, who gain control of China's prosperity and harmony that lasted for generations.

 Li Chi is such a heroine who helped start the Golden Dynasty, of the Golden Dragons, who gain control of China's prosperity and harmony that lasted for generations

Li Chi, Worm Slayer

A long, long, long, time ago when Li Chi was born, China was small fighting Kingdoms. Li Chi was the sixth and youngest daughter of a rice farmer. She had no brother.

Li Chi, who weeded in the rice field with four of her sisters, stopped and watched her father, mother, and oldest sister waiting. Li Chi saw the old, fat, bent Sorceress and the tall, thin, twisted Magistrate walk up the road with an ox lead cart. They wore gowns of silk embroidery with flowers with golden and brightly colored threads. This day was 10th of the 8th month in the Zodiac calendar when a young maiden of age 12 was fed to the 80-foot long worm that lived on the mountain. Li Chi knew the pain and tears of her oldest sister. Her family worked especially hard, and this year the rain and earth dragons provided 5 extra bags of rice to pay the bribe to the Sorceress and the Magistrate saving her oldest sister's life.

Li Chi yelled, "That worm will never eat me, never!" Her sisters looked at her with tears in their eyes. "I will destroy it."

Her sister crowded around Li Chi, "No! No!" "The sky and earth dragons will help us." "There will always be enough rice." "The worm will be gone by the time you are 12." Li Chi was not sure of this, the worm was too well fed.

Since Li Chi was a baby, she heard stories about the 80-foot worm, 100 toothed wide-eyed, barrel thick worm, a serpent which slid down from the mountain to eat chickens, pigs, sheep, oxen, and goats, sometimes farmers and several times a magistrate. Some years ago a sorceress moved into town and told the farmers, "I had a dream that the worm wanted a young maiden not over age 12. The farmers will pay to save their daughter. Those not having the bags of rice or coins had to give over a girl over for the sacrifice to satisfy the worm." Much pain went through the village.