"Exploded?!" Max said in shock.

"Yeah. Art must have triggered the bomb. I think that was his intention when he motioned for us to leave without him," Will stated sadly.

"Damn!" Hank exclaimed. "Did anyone else make it out?"

"I don't know," Will answered. "I didn't want to stick around to find out."

"I guess I don't blame you," Hank said. "But you do realize that this might mean that Moe is dead, right?"

"Maybe, but honestly, who cares? Claire's dad is dead, Hank," Will stated in a frustrated tone.

"You're right. I'm sorry," Hank replied apologetically.

"I was supposed to rescue him..." Will's voice faltered.

"Don't be so hard on yourself, William," Max encouraged. "You tried your best...and you did save Claire."

"Max is right. You can't win 'em all," Hank stated. "For what it's worth, I think you did the right thing."

"Thanks, fellas. I just wish..." Will paused mid-sentence as he heard the wood floor creak behind him and saw both Hank and Max look past him toward the entryway.

Will turned and saw Claire standing in the opening between the living room and the entryway. Her arms were crossed, and she slightly raised her right hand in greeting as she gave Will a little smile. Will stood and walked to the side of the sofa and paused. Hank and Max both stood as well.

"Hi, Hank...Hello, Max," Claire greeted as she entered the room.

"Hi, Claire. It's great to have you back with us," Hank returned.

"We're glad you're safe," Max said warmly. "We've missed you."

"Thank you both," Claire said as she stopped to stand near Will.

"Is there anything I can get you?" Max asked. "Some tea, perhaps?"

"That would be very nice. Thank you," Claire replied.

"Henry, would you mind lending me your assistance?" Max asked as he began to head toward the kitchen.

"Sure thing, Max," Hank agreed as he followed Max out of the room.

"I didn't mean to interrupt," Claire said quietly once she was alone with Will. "I couldn't sleep."

"No worries," Will replied.

"Hank and Max are right, Will," Claire stated. "You don't need to be so hard on yourself. None of this is your fault."

"You heard all that, huh?" Will said.

"Yeah...I was actually sitting at the top of the stairs for a few minutes," Claire admitted. "I'm sorry...I shouldn't have been eavesdropping."

"No, it's ok," Will said. "I don't mind."

"Thank you for everything you did tonight...for everything you've done this past week," Claire said warmly.

"I'm sorry I couldn't save him..." Will began to apologize.

"I know," Claire said empathetically in almost a whisper.

Claire moved closer to Will, and he took her in his arms and held her close.

"My father made his choice...he did what he felt he had to do to save me," Claire whispered in Will's ear after several moments of silence. "You did the same...you made your choice...you did what you felt you had to do to save me. It's only because of you and my father that I'm alive. Thank you..."

Claire's voice trailed off, and Will could tell that she was quietly crying. He held her tightly in his arms for what seemed like hours. At one point, Max quietly entered the room, placed the tea tray on the coffee table, and then left as quietly as he had entered.

"Max brought the tea," Will finally whispered after another seeming eternity had passed.

Claire pulled away slightly, and Will took her hand and led her to the sofa where they sat close to one another. As he prepared her tea with a bit of honey, Claire gently touched Will's shoulder where the bullet had grazed him, and he winced slightly. She quietly got up and began to leave the room.

"Where are you going?" Will asked.

"I'll be right back," Claire reassured.

A few minutes later, Claire returned with a bottle of rubbing alcohol, a cloth, and some gauze bandages. She sat back down beside Will and began to tend to his shoulder. Will's initial response was to protest, but he checked himself and let Claire care for him.

"Thank you," Will said quietly as Claire gently cleaned the gash.

Claire just smiled and continued her work. At one point, Will quietly interrupted her and took her hand and softly kissed the top of it. Claire simply smiled once again as her eyes met Will's, and she continued working in silence. When she had finally secured the final bandage in its proper place, she placed the remaining supplies on the coffee table.

"How's that feel?" Claire asked softly.

"Much better," Will replied.

Claire smiled and was about to reach for her tea when Will gently took her face in his hands and softly kissed her as tenderly and lovingly as he could.