Taehyung was serious as he talked to her. I don't even know what's going on. "I know we shared a lot of things in the past but it's not enough. It's not that easy to get me back.. I thought you knew that when you decided to fuck around behind my back."

*

"Why did you say that?" I took my hand back from his hold on our way back to the camp site.

"Say what?"

"Why did you reject her?" I asked again. "You told her all those hurtful things."

"Did I?" He replied with a smile I can never answer. "Well, I just thought of making her suffer more."

"You do know that we don't have much time left, right?" I told him, in fact, we only have one week more left before the month ends. "We're running out of time and what you did earlier just got landed us further from our goal. Now we have to work double time to get her back."

"Forget it." Taehyung smiled weakly as he ruffled my hair gently, "It doesn't matter anymore."

"What do you mean it doesn't matter anymore?" I probed further because I will not just standby after learning that my time has just been spent on wasted efforts. No. I will not settle for that.

"I'm not trying to get her back anymore." He admitted. Taehyung dropped his hand to his sides. "I changed my mind."

I caught his wrist before he could enter the tent, "Are you saying that you're giving up? You can't be serious right now." I added. "You're telling me that I was wasting my time for nothing?"

"I guess so.."  Taehyung frowned, he had his lips in a straight line. Did I say something I shouldn't have? "I'm sorry but I'm too tired to argue with you. Let's talk tomorrow."

Taehyung didn't make a fuss the whole night. He didn't hit on me. He didn't tell dirty jokes. He just stopped talking all at once. Why? Why is he so silent? I'm not used to it. I must've said something. I felt bad. He's not one to take other's words personally.

I lied down on own sleeping bag, clearing my thoughts and all the things that happened today to help me sleep through the night. Taehyung had his back to me. Is he asleep already? If he is, maybe I should rest for the night too and leave all my questions for tomorrow.

"Goodnight." I told Taehyung before turning the night light off.

"Goodnight." Taehyung replied quietly. Even his voice sounded heavy. There's something he's not telling me.

"Taehyung?"

"I thought you're going to sleep?"

"I am. But can I just ask you something?"

"What is it?"

"Is something wrong?"

"Something wrong.." Taehyung repeated my words, deep inside he knew what he did wrong. "I began to want something that I can't have."

*

| taehyung's point of view

She slept like an angel. Sometimes I wonder if she hides her wings behind her back. Her face that glowed even in the dark, makes my heart race so fast. Have I finally gone crazy? Why did I fall for the enemy? This wasn't part of the plan. I need to stop before Jimin finds out about this.

"Mara." I let her name roll off my tongue and out of my lips. She didn't wake up. Her eyes closed and her lashes interlaced. "You're dreaming about me, aren't you?"

I carefully took her glasses off and her book away from her hand, "Do you read even in your sleep?"

"I'm sorry for wasting your time." I told her. I know she can't hear me but I have to get this out of my chest before I go. My fingers fit perfectly with hers as I held her hand but still, she didn't wake up.

"I like you so much." I whispered to her, "But you're never going to be mine. I don't have the right to have you after agreeing to do something that would hurt you."

"But don't worry, after tonight, I can't hurt you anymore. I'll protect you even if it means going against Jimin." I added as I kissed her hand goodbye, "Thank you for being honest with me, for your smiles, for genuinely caring about me when nobody else was. With you I was lucky enough to experience loving someone but you know what the downside is? Leaving with this feeling in my chest."

I placed her hand gently on my chest, letting her feel how much my heart panics when I'm with her, "The feeling of being unwanted by the person you want the most."

I tucked her in safely then I picked up my bag and left.

*

I've known Soo Jin as long as Jimin and Jungkook. She is one of us. We never treated her like a stranger or kept secrets from her because she was girl. No. We are a family and that means we are sticking to one another no matter what happens. You have my back and I have yours, that was how it is back then. Back when love was just a useless word in the dictionary.

Jimin, Jungkook, Soo Jin and I lived around the same neighborhood but Jimin and Jungkook were a bit different from Soo Jin and I. They lived on the brighter side of the neighborhood. "They have good parents. They have money. They wear nice clothes and expensive shoes. Their house had a big gate and they owned a car.

Soo Jin and I, we have the same frequency. We didn't have an easy life.We weren't lucky like Jimin and Jungkook. I would always feel envy when they had new things or when they buy food that are too expensive for me. I don't like it when they treat me to lunch because I feel like a loser who can't take care of myself but despite all these feelings I hid from them and the huge difference in our status, we remained great friends.

Jimin was more than willing to help us when we were having problems, not just financially but all kinds of problems. I couldn't even thank him enough when he I paid for my sister's burial. I owe him my life.

That's why I'm going to help Jimin realize what he's doing wrong. I will not let him turn himself into someone he's not.

"Hi, I'm Kim Taehyung and I'm here to visit Kang Soo Jin."