chapter | 8

| mara's point of view

"Why did you call me out?" Taehyung's voice was loud and clear even from my hiding place.

I'm hunched up behind a huge rock which was clearly Taehyung's idea of a good hiding spot. I could've done better if we weren't in such a hurry as we tried not to get caught.

"Who's that girl?" Bethany asked, her arms crossed in front of her. "Did you really hook up with her?"

"You called me out here just to ask me that?" Taehyung smirked as he taunt her. "Don't tell me you're getting jealous because of Mara."

"Was that her name?" Bethany commented, her face full of disdain. Clearly, she didn't like me. Well bitch, I feel the same about you.

"Yeah, she's my girlfriend. Meaning, she's your replacement but since we're grown ups. Don't you think it's better to just be civil about all of this?" Taehyung said and Bethany mockingly laughed at him. "You cheated on me, Bethany. I have nothing against you anymore. I just want you to get the fuck away from us."

I almost pulled all my hair out from frustration. Why would he say that? He wants the girl back but he'a doing the opposite.

"You think that girl can replace me?" She huffed and took a step towards him. Bethany took her hand and softly touched his chest, her eyes suggesting something else, "You think she can do better than me?" She added as she maneuvered her hands further down on his abdomen, "Does she call you Daddy?"

My skin was covered with goose bumps as shivers traveled up along my spine. This is turning into a porno. This doesn't happen normally but Taehyung seemed to take it well. He wasn't breaking a sweat. He remained frozen as the bitch begged for him to take her right there. I was suddenly caught between a dilemma. My adrenaline slowly taking over my body. I'm now stuck between two difficult decisions: fight or flight?

"Did you miss me Taehyung? Because I do.. so much." Bethany stuck to his body like a desperate hoe. "Don't you want us to be together again?"

I watched the whole thing while mentally screaming at Taehyung who is just standing there, not doing anything. What the fuck, Taehyung! Make a move! This is your chance to get her back. Take it.

Right then and there, as if he heard my thoughts, his eyes met mine. Even from a distance I could sense him. I was contemplating on going back to the tent and leaving him there but my conscience was thudding loudly in my ears. Did he drag me here for this? Why do I have to be such a kind person?

"Kim Taehyung!" I stood my ground and directed my flashlight on them. I was now the angry girlfriend who caught her boyfriend making out with another bitch.

Bethany dropped her hold on him, squinting her eyes towards my direction, "Who's there?"

"His girlfriend." I said, reaching Taehyung's arm and pulling him away. "Get your suckers off of my boyfriend, you leech!"

Bethany's jaw dropped at my harsh comment, "Excuse me, did you just call me a leech!" She shrieked before raising her hand to hit me.

"Bethany." Taehyung caught her wrist. He took my hand in his other hand, safely putting me behind him, "You have every right to think of whatever you like. You might think that I'm playing around like I always have when we were together but that's not the case anymore. I love Mara. She's not just a thoughtless fuck. I know that you'll never going to understand what I'm saying right now because I was once like you.."