Keep Your Enemies Close & Your Lovers Closer | Chapter 4

Alyx

At first he stopped tapping his pencil, but then his mood got darker and he glared at me. My heart sank and I got a lump in my throat, and tears started burning at the back of my eyes.

The bell rang and he was out of my sight and out the door within seconds.

'Jeez what a jerk! I hope he gets hit by a bus! Wait...no, no, I don't, I just hope someone is as mean to him as he is to me!'

I sighed and walked to my locker which by the way was in the most abandoned part of the school, there were literally only two other kids here.

This time I actually got to my next class before the bell rang. Shaking off my horrible morning, I put on a smile as I walked into Art, knowing this class would put me in a good mood.

But alas, things never really go my way.

I walked in and the first person I see, yep, you guessed it. Jerk from 1st period.

And to add the cherry on top of my discomfort the only chair that was empty, was of course, next to him all the way in the back of the class. Great. Just great.

I don't think I've ever been this scared of someone besides Christian when he's mad.

With my head down I quietly made my way to my seat, letting my hair fall over my shoulder making a wall between us, and shielding my face so I couldn't see if he was glaring at me. I could just feel he was pissed.

"Today class we are going to--" the teacher began talking but she was drowned out by the deep but quiet voice next to me.

"Can you please fix that kinky mess you call your hair? Its annoying the shit out of me," a voice hissed at me, making me flinch and I could feel him smirk at my dismay.

"Sorry", I whispered and pulled my hair into a ponytail, feeling totally naked without my shield.

"What? Could talk like a normal person, I didn't hear you," he sneered and I just shook my head. Someone shoot me now please.

I hate the way he makes me feel, I'm uncomfortable and embarrassed. But I'm not going to say anything because that will fire him up more. If I stay quiet maybe he'll get bored with me and leave me alone. I don't even know him, I don't even know his name, he probably doesn't even know mine! And yet he's persistent on bullying me. He's such a-a-a donkey's butt!

_________________

Blake

She looked so...innocent sitting there quietly. Whoever she was. Thank god she contained her hair though....it was kind of getting everywhere..and yet, I didn't want anything else but to run my fingers through it and----wait what the hell am I talking about? I needed to get away from this girl, she's making me feel strange and think weird thoughts.

I pushed her chair a little farther away from me, she jumped but didn't say anything. I probably scared the hell out of her, good. Maybe then she'll stop coming to all of my classes.

Freaking stalker. That's what I'll call her from now on.

Art used to be one of my favorite classes but now? Now I couldn't even concentrate, I couldn't even enjoy it because of girl sitting beside me. I didn't even have to look at her and I just felt her presence. It was enticing and alluring, it was taking everything in me not to peek at her from my peripheral vision.

__________________

Alyx

After awhile the white paper was filled with little splotches of color due to me stabbing the paper with markers. Next thing I know my chairs moving and I jump, but I realized it was just him so I kept my head down and stabbed my paper a little harder.

'I hate him so much!'

'Yet you were just thinking about how you wanted to rip his shirt off'

'Who are you?'

'I'm your conscience and you don't hate him, you want him!'

'Lies!'

'Don't deny it!'

'There's nothing to deny because it's not true'

'Yeah sure'

'Could you leave, you're annoying'

'Fine but I'll be back'

'Wow that was weird'

I thought, staring off into space then jumping at the sound of the bell. I got up and left him with everything to clean up, suits him right anyway. As I made my way to my next class, I felt a pair of arms circle around my waist and I jumped away, but when I turned around, my heart jumped into my throat.

There stood Christian, the current love of my life, yes my boyfriend. A certain someone made me forget he went to this school. He looked so good in his uniform. I instantly went back into his arms and slid my hands into his hair.

"I missed you Christian," I said and he kissed me without warning.

"Isn't it a bit early to be sucking face?" I got startled and Christian and I separated. I turned to see the kid from class glaring at me and I blushed, I hated when Chris kissed me randomly.

"You're usually saying or should I say 'doing' a hell of a lot more, Blake," Christian laughed sliding an arm around my waist. "Oh by the way Blake, this is my girlfriend Alyx, baby this Blake." He introduced us as if we had never met--which to him we hadn't, but for us we already couldn't get as far away from each other as possible.

'Blake is it? Cute'

He didn't even pay mind to us he just got a weird look on his face and walked away.

"Don't mind him, he's an ass. Anyway, hey babe, I missed you," Christian said as he started walking and kissed my cheek, "Can I see your schedule?" he asked and I handed it over. "Wow you have three classes with me that's awesome, including our next one and three more that I know of with Blake."

"Are you serious?!" I yelped, grabbing my schedule.

"Yeah gym, history, and computer, why is that bad?" He asked as we walked to class together.

"Uh no, I'm excited I have classes with you and I missed you too," I lied, I lied big time, knowing Christian, he had to know everything. We walked to the back of the classroom and sat at a table right in front of Blake, and I could feel his eyes on my back, I could already tell he was mad, way madder than earlier if that's even possible. Next thing you know some girl comes in, glares at me and walks to sit with Blake and all you could hear was a faint 'Don't even think about it' from him and she walked to the empty table in the front of the class. Jeez what a jerk!

Before the teacher came in, Christian gave me another huge kiss and I heard a disgusted sigh come from behind me and I blushed, embarrassed, as Chris pulled my chair closer to his and slid his arm around the back of it.

Throughout the whole class I could feel his eyes boring into my back and he always made a sound of disgust whenever Christian did anything sweet, he was really ruining it for me. Chris was never randomly this sweet, now this jerk is making me feel ashamed to be with my boyfriend.

I hated him.