Imagine for Emily

My and my best friend Dalton were driving to a concert. He's been wanting to go to a Blue October concert for quite a while. So me being his best friend I bought us tickets for his birthday. When I showed him the tickets it was like I was watching a 5 year old getting candy or something.

He was in the passenger seat trying to pick a song from my phone. "How about All the small things by Blink 182?" He asked me.

"Is that even a question with me?"

"True!" He said while clicking play. We started singing along to it while I just listened to him. The song ended and he picked up my phone again to pick another song.

"Hey Dalton I've been thinking lately and I think since it is the last season you should audition for American Idol." I said looking back and forth from the road to him.

"Really? You think so?"

"Yeah of course I do. I know its been a dream of yours and its the last season so its you last chance. I think it would be really good for you and, I kind of signed you up already for the Little Rock auditions." I said to him.

"Okay but your coming with me and your going to audition to."

"As long as you audition I'll do anything." I said as I parked the car in the stadium parking lot.

~Time Skip~

I was packing to go to Little Rock. Dalton was at his place packing along with his dad. I talked to his dad about the whole American Idol thing before I talked to Dalton. Dalton asked him to come with us and he said yes. I was super excited about Dalton auditioning but also scared that I agreed to it to. Dalton told me he was singing Phantom of the Opera. He said he was making it his own which I was really excited about I cant wait to heat it. Me on the other hand, well I was going to sing Only Hope by Mandy Moore.

I finished packing and waited for Dalton and his dad to pick me up. I was on Twitter when I heard a knock on my door. I grabbed my suit case knowing it was Dalton or his dad and walked to the door opening it.

"Hey Dalty!" I said walking to the car with him behind me.

"Hey Em!" We got in the car and his dad drove to the airport. On the way there we just had random conversations and sang. Mostly we sang. We got to the airport and waited for our plane.

~Another Time Skip (Sorry)~

Today was the day that we auditioned for American Idol and I was honestly really scared for me. I knew Dalton would get on so I wasn't scared for him. Me and Dalton signed in and waited in the waiting area for our names to be called. I started really freaking out. I mean I've only ever sang in front of Dalton and that was by accident. I wasn't ready for this at all. I got up from where we were sitting and walked away to get some air. I heard Dalton calling after me and coming up behind me.

"Hey Emily what's wrong?"

"Dalton I'm scared. I'm soo scared. I've only ever sang in front of you by accident and now I'm about to perform in front of 3 skilled musicians. How am I supposed to do that?" I practically yelled at him.

"You'll just do it like you've done everything else. Emily you're and amazing singer and if they don't think that then they're dumb. Okay you're great and I'll love you no matter what happens!" he said to me with a very serious look. I looked back at him shocked considering he said he loved me. It took him a couple of seconds for him to realize what he just said. "And yes I mean that." He spoke again.

"I love you too!" I said jumping into his arms. I feel like nothin can hurt me being in his arms. It felt like it was only me and him and I didn't want it to end. But sadly it did when his dad came out to tell me that my name was called.

"Your going to be great. I'll be right here waiting for your after." He said walking me to the door.

I walked in and introduced myself then I sang the song.

"Your good but your just not what were looking for in this competition. I'm sorry." Keith said to me. JLo and Harry said almost the same exact thing. I was a little upset but to know that Dalton loved me and was goin to be there for me no matter what made me happy. I mean I only did it cause he wanted me to.

I walked out to Dalton and his dad, "So did you get it?" Dalton asked me.

"No but, its okay as long as you make it." I said with the biggest smile on my face. He hugged me.

"I really wanted to do it with you though."

"Its okay I'll be there to support you no matter what." After I said that Dalton's name was called. "Go get'em I know you'll do great. Wow those judges for me." I said to him before he went through the door.

His dad and I waited by the door for Dalton. It seemed like forever before he came out. He came out screaming with the Golden Ticket.

"Oh my God Dalton I knew you would get in!" I said jumping into his arms after he gave his guitar to his dad.

"I wouldn't have been able to do it if it wasn't for you Em!" He said hugging back but tighter.

"You would've don't it with or without me Dalty." I said after he put me down.

"Whatever you say but I have a question. Will you be my girlfriend?" He said with his hands on my waist.

"Oh my God yes!" I said before I smashed my lips onto his.

~Time Skip~

So far Dalton has made it through. Tonight is Solo Rounds and he wanted me to come to this performance so I did. Right now I was right next to the stage listening to everyone that went waiting for Dalton.

Dalton was up next and I was super excited to hear what he was singing this week. He got on stage and looked at me then the judges. He started to strum his guitar but the sound wasn't working.

"I don't think your guitar is on." Harry said like it wasn't obvious.

"Yeah I don't think it is." Dalton replied to him. and turned the sound on and strummed a couple cords to make sure it was working now

"I'm hopelessly devoted to you

But now there's nowhere to hide

Since you pushed my love aside

I'm out of my head

Hopelessly devoted to you

. It was so he started the song." After the song he went backstage. I walked backstage and saw that his back was truned to me so me being the greatest girlfriend and bestfriend I jumped on his back.

"Babe you did amazing!" I almost yelled to him.

"Oh my golb baby you just scared the crap out of me."

"Oh I'm sorry." I said getting off of his back. He turned around so he could talk to me.

"I'm glad you liked it. It was dedicated to you of course."

"Awe babe your so sweet." I said to him before we kissed.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~~

I hope you like it. Please tell your friends and don't forget to vote.