For Gaby

So today is the day that I audition for American Idol in Little Rock. I'm so scared that I wont make it but as my mom always tell me just do it and don't think about it. See my mom has always supported me with my singing she has always been there for me through everything. I tried out for The Voice during season 3 and made it about half way through I got kicked off. I was waiting to be called so I could audition when I saw I really cute blonde guy sit across from me. He had bleach blonde hair, BRIGHT blue eyes with eyeliner on the made his eyes pop even more. He started strumming a couple cords on his guitar probably to get some practice in before the audition. I was about to start practicing when he started to sing quietly to himself but I heard him, he was singing the Phantom of the Opera. Maybe that's what he is singing for his audition?

"What?" he said to me.

"Wait what? Did I say that out loud?" I asked him.

"Yeah you did. Yes Phantom of the Opera is what I'm doing for my audition. What about you? What are you singing?"

"Oh I'm singing Only Hope by Mandy Moore! Isn't Phantom a risky song? Not that you wouldn't get it but it just seems really risky to audition with." I said stating my opinion.

"Haha yeah but I made it my own. I want to make it different. To have the song but put a twist on it. You know?"

"Yeah I get it." Right after I said that they called my name, "That's me I'll be back." I said in the Terminator voice and giggled while making my way to the room.

I walked in to the auditioning room.

"Oh I love your outfit! It's so unique!" Jennifer said to me as I made my way to the front of the piano.

"Thank you!" I said.

"So who are you?" Harry asked.

"My name is Gaby Mendi. I'm 20 years old and I'm from Austin Texas."

"Okay Gaby what will you be singing for us today?" Keith asked.

"I'll be singing Only Hope by Mandy Moore."

"Okay! Let's hear it!" Jennifer said while I walked to the piano and sat down.

"There's a song that's inside of my soul

It's the one that I've tried to write over and over again

I'm awake in the infinite cold

But You sing to me over and over and over again

So I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands

and pray to be only Yours

I pray to be only Yours

I know now you're my only hope

Sing to me the song of the stars

Of Your galaxy dancing and laughing

and laughing again

When it feels like my dreams are so far

Sing to me of the plans that You have for me over again

So I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands and pray

To be only yours

I pray to be only yours

I know now you're my only hope

I give You my destiny

I'm giving You all of me

I want Your symphony

Singing in all that I am

At the top of my lungs I'm giving it back

So I lay my head back down

And I lift my hands and pray

To be only yours

I pray to be only yours

I know now you're my only hope"

"Wow that was just wow Gaby!" Jennifer said to me.

"I have to you have an amazing voice and I love it I'm gunna say yes!" Harry said.

"I'm looking for someone with an artistic ability and you my dear have it. I'm gunna say yes also."

"Well Gaby looks like we'll be seeing you in Hollywood because I also say yes!" Jennifer said.

"Oh my god thank you so much!" I said taking the Golden ticket from Jennifer.

I walked out the door to see blonde guy standing there. "So did you get it?"

"Yeah!"

"Well I'm next. Hopefully I'll see you in Hollywood." He said giving me a wink and walking inside the room. I decided to go home to tell my mom. She had work so she couldn't come with me. I took the plane home. Once I was at the airport I drove to my moms house. I knocked on the door and my mom answered.

"MOM! I'm going to Hollywood!" I screamed and she cheered with me.

"Oh I knew you would make it!"

~Time Skip~

I just got the place that we had to be at for the show when I saw the blonde haired guy from auditions. He came walking up to me.

"So I never got your name." He said to me.

"My name is Gaby. What's-" I got stopped mid sentence.

"Gaby?!" MacKenzie said to me.

"MacKenzie? What are you doing here?"

"I auditioned and now I'm here, and apparently so did you. Its been forever."

"Yeah it has." We had a conversation until we got split up, but I got put in the blonde guys group. Man I need to know his name.

"Hey sorry about earlier. Me and him were on the Voice together and just wanted to catch up. So what is you name?" I said to him.

"Its cool I understand. My name is Dalton."

"Hey Dalton! you think we would of known with how many times we have met." I said laughing.

"Yeah but I guess not."

~Another Time Skip~

So far me and Dalton have made it. Tonight is group night we decided to be in a group with someone else then she just left so while Dalton was FREAKING out I tried to calm him down. "Dalton calm down we will find someone I promise. Well get through." As I said that he kissed me!

"I'm sorry but you've been so helpful since the beginning of this whole thing and I thought you were really cute when we met and you just keep getting perfect. I really like you. Do you wanna be my girlfriend?" He said really fast but I understood him.

"Yes I would but right now let's find a third person."

"Yeah good idea," with that he gave me a quick kiss then we went to find another group member.

Me and Dalton some how haven't let our relationship get in the way of the show and vice versa. I ended up getting out the night that they revealed the Top 10 but Dalton is still in it. I have supported him no matter what. I'm really happy and I hope we last for a long time.

To think what auditioning for a singing competition will do to you.

~~~~~~~~~~A/N~~~~~~~~~~

I'm so sorry if this sucks but I hope you like it, Please give me a shoutout and don't forget to like!