[Chapter 14- Don't You Trust Me?]

Start from the beginning

"W-What if I fall?" She asks shakily as her eyes continue to watch the pipe fearfully. Her grip on the window seal tightens and she can feel the track for the window biting into her skin sharply.

"Jihyun, look at me", Jimin coos and her eyes flicker towards his in response. She notices the moons reflection glowing lightly into his dark orbs, the harsh brown color turning light and soft. She feels her heart skip a beat at the calming color his eyes alone have formed and her once scared state begins to calm.

"I'll catch you if you fall", Jimin says to her and her eyes watch him skeptically once again. He gives her a reassuring and soft smile as he asks softly, "don't you trust me?"

She's hesitant, and still a little frightened. But, recalling the time Jimin had caught and saved her from the collapsing bleachers reassures her hesitant heart and she nods while climbing out of the window.

"Of course I trust you", she says more to herself than Jimin. The boy below grins widely as he prepares to catch her in case she were to slip. His eyes watch her feet as she inches towards the pipe, her eyes trying to avoid looking at how large her fall would be if she were to slip.

"Jimin", Jihyun calls to him and his eyes look up from her feet to her eyes that are steadily watching the pipe in front of her. "I think the pipe is too rusty for me to climb down", she says and she continues to avoid looking at the ground.

"Okay, fall and I'll catch you", Jimin replies calmly and this causes Jihyun's head to spin towards him.

"Are you crazy-"

"Yes. Now come on, jump and I'll catch you", Jimin cuts her off and her fear begins to take over once again. She feels her palms beginning to sweat and her legs begin to tremble at the thought of falling from this high.

"I can't-"

"Think of it as some crazy trust exercise", Jimin says and she glares at him in response. "Don't you trust me, Jihyun? I'll always catch you when you fall, remember?"

"JiJi! I'll catch you when you fall! Don't you trust me?" A boy with light brown hair and crescent eyes says as he extends his pudgy arms towards her. Jihyun looks down from where she's standing and gulps as she clutches onto the veranda of the tree house. Her eyes flicker to the broken ladder and she gulps as her hands grip onto the pillar even tighter than before.

"Come on JiJi just jump! I'll catch you", the boy yells and the little girl swallows and steps off, screaming as she feels herself fall into a pair of arms.

Her eyes widen as they look into Jimin's, a comforting smile forming on his lips as he continues to extends his arms in front of him.

"JiJi, don't you trust me?"

•~•
A/N: You guys better understand what I stated earlier in this chapter when I mentioned about the tear drop from Jihyun hitting against Jimin's cheek- almost silently, but still loud in his ears.

If you don't get it, basically think of it in a different way. Like if the tear drop was Jihyun's inner feelings or thoughts and Jimin being able to still hear the tears (hidden emotions) silent drip (silent scream).

In another words, in others eyes Jihyun could be crying her heart out on the inside, but no one would truly know how she's silently screaming inside- except for Jimin.

Get it? I just wanted to make that clear that sometimes I put things like this in the story and it could have a deeper meaning behind it. This is just something to think about while you read^-^

So what do you think of the ending of this chapter? Crazy right?

Anyways, take care and have a wonderful day! Sorry that this author's note was long and I apologize for taking so long to update. I'm a busy person, y'know?

Stay healthy and strong! Fighting!!

~Your Author~