~Part 15 - Surprises~

Its been 3 weeks since my last encounter with Draco in the classroom and Tomorrow is my birthday! Him and Pansy have been going everywhere together as have me and Seamus, we always hold hands and hug around Draco and he scowls at us. Seamus has kissed me several times too to add to the fake date to make it seem real although kissing Seamus doesnt give me the butterflies i get when i kiss Draco. We told all our close friends thats we werent really together and told them of the plan, Fred and George were proud of me by pulling a prank. Ive been to the 2 Death Eater meetings that have happened in the month and Draco had too, the had just been boring. Tonight is Slughorns dinner party, and i have been invited and so has Draco as we are two star students in Potions but Slughorns favourite is Harry as he has this old potions book with extra notes from the 'half blood prince' and it allows him to make a perfect potion.

I sat in the Gryffindor common room with Hermione and Ginny as we all decided to get dressed together as we have all been invited by Slughorn. I checked the clock and it was 5pm so we headed up to their dorm to start getting ready, we had all been to Hogsmeade a few days before hand to get the perfect dresses and shoes. Within an hour and a half we were all dressed and ready to go, Ginny was wearing a straight knee length dark purple dress with her hair straight and small heels. Hermione had gone for a red floor length dress which flowed in the wind, she had pinned her hair up with red pins and she also had small heels. I had gone for a silver/grey dress which is strapless and tight at the top but flows from the waist outwards and stops just above my knees, i added some green flats and a green clutch bag holding my wand, i dont go anywhere without my wand. I lightly curled my hair too letting it fall loosly over my shoulders, i added a small bow too and natural make up. Me, Hermione and Ginny made our way out of the common room and headed to Slughorns dinner party early as we didnt want to be late, once we were at his office, i knocked and he let us in.

As we walked through a few people were here including Draco, he was dressed in black suit with white shirt but with no tie, instead he had the top 2 buttons of his shirt undone making him look even more perfect than usual. He spotted me and his eyes nearly popped out of his head and his mouth hung open, i bit my lip and Hermione giggled and told me to speak to him but i denied and took my seat at the round table Slughorn had prepared. Hermione sat on my right and Draco sat on my left for some unknown reason considering we havent spoke in about 3weeks. Hes been busy with his girlfriend anyway. The party got going i was talking to Hermione but then Ginny spoke with her leaving me in silence as i ate my deasert until Draco turned his head to face me.

"So how are you?" He asked.

"Erm fine i guess, what about you?"

"Okay i guess, been better to be honest with you" He whispered.

"Oh your being honest with me?" I looked at him with raised eyebrows.

"Lou please? can i just explain to you? I will tell you EVERYTHING, if you just give me the chance to?" He pleaded and i could see in his eyes he meant it but i wanted to hold my ground.

"No, youve had a chance Malfoy, you blew it!" I said a little too loud as it caused everyone to look over at us. "Ermm sorry professor" I mumbled lowering my head.

Slughorn said it was fine and everyone engaged back into their conversations, well except me and Draco we were quiet for the rest of the evening. When the party was finally over, i rushed back to my dorm, changed in record time and ran into bed hiding under my covers, withing minutes i was asleep.

-----

I woke up with a bright smile on my face, im 16 at last! Only 1 year to go and i will be a full witch, able to do magic outside of Hogwarts. I went into the bathroom and got ready into my robes after having a quick shower and magically drying my hair, i was ready withing 30 minutes so i went back into the dorm to see Draco awake and sat on his bed staring into space. He probably doesnt even know its my birthday so im not expecting him to say anything, and he never he just got up and went into the bathroom once he stopped staring into space. I just brushed it off and walked down into the common room before walking to the great hall for breakfast. I sat down at the Gryffindor table where Neville, Ginny and Hermione were sat already eating food. I joinded them and they all started smiled.