Second time not so Lucky?

Chapter 28

                I woke up under the covers of my bed. I felt the warmth of Alec who has his chest pressed firmly against my back. I felt his soft breathing against my back. His arm was draped over my waist. I sighed in total contempt. I stayed laid down on the bed.

                I was so glad he came in to talk to me in the Training Hall. I was losing control. I could hear people’s thoughts Xander, Alastair and Susan and their hints of doubt. It flew me into a rage. I was losing control of my abilities. I could feel the strength of my energy flowing from me increase. The ground was shaking. I was trying so hard to hold it back. I stabbed my nails into the palm of my hand until they began to bleed. They were fully healed now with the increased healing ability.

                I was so relieved Alec came in. I heard his words and felt his emotions pouring from him from what he spoke and what he thought in my mind. He soothed me so quickly it was amazing. His thoughts were so pure and raw I felt in total ease as he wrapped his arms around me. He had brought me back from the loss of control. Alec had calmed me down and I knew he would do anything for me just as I would do anything for him. I melted into his embrace and sobbed. Just everything had built up to this. I fell asleep in his arms emotionally and mentally exhausted. I wanted to think about things in the morning instead.

                So here I was lying in the bed snuggled into Alec wishing we were just normal people ready to spend the rest of their lives together doing normal things? If only that were the case. Our lives would never be that simple. Never.

                Eventually, I slipped from under his arm. I noticed I was still in yesterday’s clothes. I went into the bathroom and had a quick shower. My mind just always seemed to be thinking. It never seemed to stop until I managed to fall asleep. I felt the warm water flow down my body. It was soft and soothing and kept me calm. I couldn’t let my emotions get like yesterday. I couldn’t allow myself to slip like I did yesterday.

                Once I had stepped out of the shower, I wrapped my towel around me and brushed my teeth. I blow dried my hair into its lose curls. I walked into the closet and changed into some black leggings, a white blouse and some leather boots with a decent heal on them. I looked into the mirror pleased with how I had presented myself. I pulled on my locket around my neck to finish off my outfit.

                I walked out into the room. I saw Alec was sat on the edge of the bed. His hair was in a messy look but he still looked gorgeous. He gave me a dazzling smile when he saw me. I smiled back. He was only wearing some shorts so I got a perfect view of his toned chest. I blushed. I heard him chuckle and stood up. He walked over to me placing his arms around me pulling me into his chest. I placed my head on his chest. I felt totally at ease in his arms.

                Are you feeling better this morning?

                I am now. I just feel emotionally tired and hurt. I sighed.

                We will be ok. I will always be there for you. It will be fine.