Guessing Game

If you like this story, I think you would like the other story I have just started called

Divine Calling.

Thanks for the reads,

Hope you enjoy.

Vote, follow, comment

Chloe x

Chapter 15

                I had been counting down the days to the Winter Ball. There would be about 50 people going you know because it is a small college but I didn’t care. I was asked to a formal ball by a cute boy. I couldn’t have been happier. I never thought I would ever get invited to something like this.

                For the past few weeks, I have never been happier. Dan was finally avoiding me and I only got the stares and the looks of anger but I could cope with that. I could seem to shake myself out of this sense of bliss.

                Every morning I woke up in the arms of Alec. I could feel his arms around my waist as I cuddled into him. I often woke up to him kissing me on the neck. I would shiver in delight. At the weekends we often lie in bed and watch as the sunlight began to pour through my window. It was heaven.

                The other night I overheard my parents talking one night. Alec and I sat at the top step of the stairs. He placed his arm around me and I snuggled into his shoulder. I felt the familiar tingle curse through my body. He lightly kissed the top of my head.

                “So what are we sat here for?” Alec questioned.

                “Shh,” I whispered, giving him a nudge in the stomach.

                We listened down to what they were saying. I heard Louise speak first.

                “Alex is so happy now. It is nice to hear her laugh. Not once in the three years have I heard her laugh,” Louise sighed.

                “I know. Alec seems like I nice lad. I think she has done well for herself,” Mark agreed.

                “It is more than just that though. He has power too. You can feel it. I can feel it and I definitely think that Alex can feel it. She has finally found someone like her,” Louise spoke clearly.

                “I am worried for her though. Don’t you just have a feeling that they both have these abilities for a reason. I don’t think it will be good for them,” Mark spoke.

                “I know. At least for now they are both happy. We should let them enjoy that at least,” Louise reminded.

                I loved how much they selflessly cared for me. They had accepted Alec without a second thought and let him stay here under the same roof as me. They have given me so much. They are like my real mother and father now. I really don’t know what I would do without them.