Ryder

I bought Beth back around 12:30 last night since we both got caught up enjoying the scenery. We talked some but it was mostly about school, other than that we just sat comfortably in silence watching the stars. I was afraid if I asked her even the slightest of a personal question it would ruin the beginning of our friendship. I like to think that we are more than acquaintances but we are not close friends either. If there is a name for the in-between then I would love to know because that's what we are.

While sitting by the water there was a slight breeze that sent the goosebumps a message to cover my body with because it was chilly. I had noticed Beth was hugging her self because she was wearing a plaid shirt and short shorts; she doesn't even have to try to look beautiful because she was born that way. Any way since she was cold I gave her my favorite sweatshirt and just sat in my t-shirt and basketball shorts. When I dropped her off I didn't bother asking for it back because she looked good in it. She is so tiny that the sweatshirt swallowed her up; I tried to suppress my laughter because I didn't want her to feel insecure but it was the funniest sight.

Franny and I were on our way to school and I had to admit that I was so exhausted. After Beth insisted that I drop her off three blocks from her house so her brothers wouldn't get upset with me, I just couldn't go to sleep when I got home. A certain fragile girl was on my mind and I couldn't get her out of my head. Some of the things she said while we were talking were vague but I couldn't help but feel that it held more meaning then what she was letting it on to be. I was blown away, I don't think I have ever been so confused before and It was so frustrating while I laid in my bed begging my mind to stop going into over drive. "You know sleepy head it is your fault for getting home so late." My sister teasingly says. "Someone should have been asleep" I reply back.

She fires back sassily replies "Yeah and that should have been you." I bit my tongue because I could have fired something back at her as well but I was too tired for that. Curiosity has always killed the cat and if my sister were a cat it's a good thing they have nine lives because she would have used every single one of them. "What were you doing out so late anyway?" I can't lie to my sister, I never have. Since she probably covered for me with Nate if he did drop by and stay the night then I guess she deserves the truth. "I was with a friend last night." It was the truth, but it was the vague truth. "And would this friend of yours have boobs and strawberry blonde hair?" she teasingly says. My sister has been known to be dumb because she is very smart and observant. I mumble a 'maybe' under my breath. "How would you know if she was with me or not?" She looks at me like I'm stupid or something; what am I missing? "Rumors say she left work with a certain guy but came home late at night by foot, care to explain" it wasn't a question, she wanted me to inform her on all of the details. "Well she didn't have a ride so I offered her one. Plus I really didn't want to have to deal with her brothers because it was too late by that time so I just dropped her off a few blocks away."

I pull into the school parking lot with Franny not quite believing me. "Mmhhmm. Whatever you say but I feel like there was more to this night. But hey I want to meet her so keep her around long enough, okay?" I just nod my head because my sister is crazy to think that I would have another chance like I did last night with Beth. I park the car hoping this interrogation would stop "Hey one last question big brother, what are you doing tonight?" I think about it and I don't come up with anything because the guys and I haven't really planned anything for tonight. "I don't know probably going to some club or a party why what are you doing?" She looks a little disappointed but it is quickly covered with a small smile "I have to get my car fixed, but I'll bring it to the shop myself I guess." I odd my head and get out of the car carrying on the conversation "Okay well if you need help or anything call me, okay?" She agrees and when we enter the school we go our separate ways. I make my way towards my first period class and I somehow end up three minutes late. In my defense it's not easy scrolling through Instagram and walking through the crowded hallways of our high school. Once I enter the classroom I make my way to my seat located in the back of the room. I notice a certain strawberry blonde still wearing my sweatshirt while she uses her desk as a pillow. "Hey West man why don't you wake her up man?" He finishes up his text message and slides his phone into his jeans and says "She hasn't slept in two days, so she needs to sleep even if it's for forty five minutes.