Ryder

For years I've been in love with cars.

My parents especially my father made me try every activity and sport out there.

I always ended up crawling back to cars though.

I was told by my parents that when I was younger that I only ever wanted to play with toy cars.

I didn't care about the action figures, puzzles, or even Legos; I only wanted my toy cars.

Since my parents are never home and I mean like never; I basically have my uncle, his wife and my uncle's best friend who stays with me at different times.

My parents only visit my sister and I about three to five times a year. It doesn't bother me too much, well I at least try not to let it.

My uncle Mark, his friend Nate and aunt Krissy and I always have dinner together.

My sister usually joins us but lately she's been under the weather.

I love when Nate, also known as Nathaniel, comes home from work because when he's off duty he sometimes doesn't act his age.

My aunt and uncle stay till seven, and that is when dinner is over with and cleaned up.

Nate gets home around six-twenty and that's a sign for all of us to dig into the delicious meal my aunt has made for us.

My uncle's best friend is only strict when it comes to getting into legal trouble.

He's a cop and he doesn't want to have to put himself in that position of getting me out of trouble.

Nate is also the kind of person who will set a bed time.

I know it's stupid that a high school student has a bed time, but the rule isn't really enforced.

He just wants us to get enough sleep and be able to function the next day because as he says "You've got a bright future ahead of you, don't screw it up by doing something stupid."

He also says this every time I get pulled over for speeding. Luckily since the cops know me because of Nate they let me go without a ticket.

It sucks sometimes though that my parents aren't around.

I'm told by adults that is why I 'act up', no its called being a teen and living life.

It's a bunch of bull.

I make sure though that I don't disappoint my twin sister Franny though.

Franny is my baby sister and I love her to death.

Having to take care of each other has really brought us closer together.

We were always close, but now we have a bond that no one can break.

I will admit I am over protective of her, but I just don't want to see her up set.

So if any guy messes with my baby sister they will meet my fist along with my best friend who's a cage fighter.

I love Franny to death and I am told I act like her father, but hey someone has to make sure no punks mess with my sister.

Plus in our case I have to be both because I want what is best for her, for us.

I want to be able to make sure she lives a good happy, and healthy life.

Like I've said my parents aren't around often so my sister doesn't have a close relationship with anyone but me.

She comes to me for everything; homework, fashion questions, hey I may not be a girl but I know what is too short and too revealing.

I will also give her relationship advice if needed, but the guys don't stick around long enough which in my opinion is a good thing.

No one is good enough to date my baby sister, and if they think they have a chance they better put her as their first priority.

I don't tell anyone that I feel like a disappointment to my sister sometimes.

Maybe I was born to feel alone and act out.

Of course I would never tell anyone of these feelings, ever!

They would think I'm acting like some emotional girl, but I'm not.

Guys have these insecurities too, but we just don't like talking about them.

I'm sitting on the couch after dinner watching the Saints play the Giants.

My aunt Krissy and Uncle Mark left a while ago, while Nate and my sister are passed out.

My sister seems to be sleeping a lot lately, but I guess that is because she isn't feeling good which is reasonable.

I just hope she gets better soon because I miss her sparkling personality.

Since Nate passed out a while ago I decided I would go upstairs and maybe try and get some sleep.

The first day of school is tomorrow, so that means that I have to wake up early.

Once I get to the top of the stairs though I make a detour to the left instead of the right.

Frannies room is on the left and mine is on the right making it so that our rooms are across from one another.

The bathroom is in the middle right across the stairs as soon as you get to the second level of the house.

She looks a little pale, but I don't say anything, instead I get under the covers and rap my arms around to give her a hug.

She's really emotional lately so I let her silent cries get absorbed by my shirt.

She shakes with each tear that is escaped, and it kills me not to be able to make her better.

I'm starting to think that this isn't just the stomach flu.

"What's wrong baby sis?" asking that simple question causes her to cry even more.

Once she kind of collects herself she starts telling me how much she loves me.

She tells me how she's proud to call me her brother, and how well I take care of her and so on.

It sure is random but I'll ask her about it in the morning or when she's a little more stable.

I kiss the top of her head, and tell her that I love her like I do every night.

After I tell her I love her I tell her a story; each story is different because it either involves memories from the past or what the future consists of.

I'm hoping that whatever it is, it's not huge.

But my gut is telling me otherwise, my gut is telling me a storm is brewing.

She's been freaking me out for days, and I don't like it one bit.

I want to be able to take her pain away because I hate seeing her like this.

I tell her this story that I'm randomly making up tonight.

She laughs that angelic laugh, at the stupid parts of the story. Hey I'm not the best story teller, but I want to distract her.

My goal is for just a little bit so she can calm down and go into a peaceful slumber.

It's working because around twelve I see her eyes flutter shut, and around one I finally stop my story while listening to her light breathing.

The lights are out and I decide that I should try and close my eyes myself if I want to make it to my first day of school.

The first day of school is tomorrow and I am not excited at all. It's going to be the same routine, but I'm nervous even more now because of Frannies health.

I hope she is okay, she is the one the thing that keeps me going in life.

I close my eyes and fall into a light sleep, having to get up in five hours for the first day of torture.

UnconditionallyOn viuen les histories. Descobreix ara