Elizabeth

It was so cold that I thought I was going to get frost bite.

But how is that possible? I live in Olive town in Kingston New York, so it should still be a little warm out, it's not even winter yet!

I'm surrounded by darkness though and all of a sudden I'm back in that house on that dreadful night.

It's a night I will never be able to forget, I can't forget because my mind won't let me.

I'm screaming, screaming as loud as I can to get him to stop hurting her.

I'm screaming so loud my voice is raw; it's like no one can hear me.

I can only hear my ear piercing screams and not his drunken voice.

"Beth! Beth you have to wake up. Beth baby girl come on, come back to us."

I hear the familiar soothing voice of one of the few people I have learned to trust.

How could that be though because he wasn't there that night?

"It's just a dream baby girl."

I repeat this over and over in my head and eventually my eyes snap open.

I look around frantically in a confused state trying to catch my breath.

It's dark out and the only light I can see is coming from the run down food store.

My eyes are darting everywhere.

There's a girl pacing back and forth trying to calm down a panicked Red.

Then there's what I think is Dallas screaming at a guy that looks really familiar.

I tilt my head back even though it causes me to flinch in pain to see West with a worried expression.

"Guys she's waking up!" West says to stop the bickering between the two guys that are not far from us. "Should we call an ambulance? I think we should call them. I'm going to call one." The worried girl that was trying to calm down Red says.

"Franny please calm down" Dallas says with a soft and gentle tone.

He even changed his facial expression from the out raged angry one to a more relaxed one when talking to this girl.

I'm still shaking because I'm so cold. Events like this happen once in a while, but I made everyone believe I got over the black outs.

You see when my brain decides it doesn't want to switch off and instead goes into over drive I go for a run.

While I'm running I have no idea how fast I run, or where I'm going.

I forget about everything and I am bought back to that exact night.

Normally I'll occasionally think about that night and how it has affected my life, but its days like these I hate.

I feel so weak and now people outside my little group have witnessed a portion of my life I have tried to hide.

"Ryder give me your sweatshirt" West demands him.

Ryder takes off his sweatshirt revealing a little bit of his toned stomach when his shirt rides up.

When he hands the sweat shirt over to West, they both help me stay in a sitting up position while Red helps me put on the soft material.

The sweatshirt is so soft and warm this guy could be a personal heater, like people could pay him to just keep them warm.

I know I'm weird for thinking this but hey my mind is not in the right place right now.

Everything hurts like it did that night.