Chapter 71: (Misha's POV)

The car ride back is silent except for the barely audible crying. Our eyes are red and puffy, and our hearts figuratively torn to shreds. My life is a mess. Lung cancer, issues with Grace, and my best friend died. Right now I just wish Jensen, Grace, Jared, and I could be sitting at a restaurant together, laughing and enjoying each other's presence.
But I guess not all of us get what we want..

Jensen drives Grace's jeep to her house, and even though we haven't said a word to each other yet, all three of us stay together at Grace's house.

Everything happened in a blur, and I don't understand where it went wrong. But I suppose life is life and I'll have to deal with it. Jensen calls his wife and tells her. I can hear her sobs through the phone.

Two hours pass. Jensen decided to go back to his vacation home to see his wife and daughter, he told us they'll make him feel better.

So now Grace is sprawled across the couch, her head rested on my lap as I play with her hair. She is listening to music. So I sing, not expecting her to hear me. Singing always calms me. "Carry on my wayward son. There'll be peace when you are done. Lay your weary head to rest. Don't you cry no more."

Grace shares a small smile and then sits ups, taking out her earbuds.

"How come you haven't sung to me before? You're so good!" she says, her eyes scanning over mine. It has been so long since I've actually gotten to talk with her.

I blush, since I had no idea she was listening.

"I didn't know I was a good singer. I just sing cause I like it." I answer.

She moves in a different sitting position and cuddles up on my side, her head nestled in the crook of my neck. I pull a blanket over the two of us and grab her hand. I don't know why, considering what just happened, but I feel happy. Just sitting next to her.

"Misha, I missed you so much. I love you." She looks up at me, her beautiful eyes sparkling.

Tears suddenly well up in eyes because I realize how much I yearned to hold her in my arms like this. Because one day I'm going to run out of time.

"I love you too Gracie. More than anything." I reply, kissing her. I can't believe how long it's been.

She kisses back and we lie there on the sofa, holding on to each other, never wanting to let go.

We'll survive all this together cause I know I can't do it alone.

Hope this chapter is ok! :)
I have a question, what point of view should I do next chapter?
Keep reading! Also don't forget to vote and leave feedback/ideas!❤️
THANKS FOR READING I GOT TO 26k😊🎉