Chapter 60:

Grace lies unconscious, her head cut and bleeding. Misha struggles to unbuckle his seatbelt while crying at the sight of Grace's limp body. He can already feel a bruise forming on his ribs. With much effort, he pulls himself out of the demolished car.

"Gracie...oh God Gracie. Please be okay." Misha whispers, gently pulling her out of the car and carrying her over to the side of the road. He pulls out his phone and quickly calls 911.

"What is your emergency?" a lady asks.

"My car..I wrecked it into a tree. And my girlfriend...she's hurt. Please hurry. We're on route 70." Misha manages to say through sobs.

"Help is on the way." she answers.

Misha sets his phone and holds onto Grace, pushing the strands of hair out of her face. He knows she's breathing, but she looks in horrible condition. Her skin was bruising just below her eye, and her head was cut very badly. The glass shattered and stuck in some parts of her skin. Misha holds her hand and waits for the medics.

Minutes later, two ambulances arrive and the medics rush out with a stretcher. They lift Grace onto it and check to see if Misha's okay. The drive back to the hospital is a heartbreaking scene. Misha sobbing and Grace unconscious.
Grace gets quickly rushed to an emergency room. Misha gets placed in another room, and finds out he has two bruised ribs.

When Misha gets properly bandaged and takes some pain medicine, the doctor agrees to let him visit Grace.

"She's conscious and stable now. She has a mild concussion and a fractured shoulder." the nurses tell Misha.

He nods and walks in the room. Grace sits up quickly at the sight of her boyfriend.

"Grace..sweetie." Misha says quietly, taking a seat next to Grace.

"I'm so sorry. This is all my fault. I almost got you killed."  He goes on, starting to tear up.

"Mish. It's not your fault at all. The roads are so icy. I love you." Grace reassures.

"I love you too." Misha answers.

The two share a kiss just as their family members walk in.

"Are you guys okay?! We got a call from the hospital saying you were in a car accident!" Misha's mother exclaims.

"Well we made it." Grace answers with a halfhearted smile.

Misha and Grace noticed their parents are holding presents.

"Since you couldn't shop for Cass and everyone else..well we did it for you." Grace's mother answers.

"Oh my gosh you didn't have to do that! You're all too nice, it's a problem." Grace replies thankfully.

They all hug and talk for a while, having a great time.
Grace lies back and enjoys this moment. She looks at Misha and can't help but smile. Sometimes she thinks he is a real life angel...

Grace and Misha leave the hospital early the next morning, Christmas Day. They then pick up Cassandra and drive back to Misha's home, finally able to relax.

The couple hold hands while sitting by the fireplace. Cass is sitting on Misha's lap, poking his nose. Grace giggles and cuddles up next to Misha.

"Gracie..I thought you died when I first saw you in the car. I love you, and I'm so thankful nothing happened to you." Misha tells his girlfriend meaningfully.

"I love you too Mish. And I'll always be ok as long as I have our baby girl and you by my side."

Hola Mishamigos! So how do you like these few chapters? Thank you for reading and I'll be updating more soon!❤️❤️