Chapter 18: Currents Part 5

En başından başla

'There might be a way to help him.'

"How?" I whispered and looked at him.

'The same way you healed Danny.'

"I didn't heal him, my mom did," I told him.

'Yes, you did. You just don't remember.'

"Then how can I heal Boyd if I can't remember how I healed Danny?"

'You concentrate. Go towards him,' I went towards Boyd's body that was still being held up by Derek.

"Now what?" I asked him.

"Dana, what are you doing?" Derek asked me in whisper.

"Helping."

'Put your hands on his wounds,' I did as he said.'Now close your eyes and think about healing him.'

I imagined his wounds closing up and healing.

'You should feel something deep inside you. Concentrate on that feeling and extract it.'

There was nothing.

"There's nothing."

'Yes, there is. You just have to look deep within you, darling.'

And I did.

And there it was. The feeling he was talking about.

I don't know whether to call it beautiful or scary. It was like a red ball of strings. It floated in my mind like it had a mind of its own.

'Did you find it?' I nodded.'Good, now imagine that feeling wrapping itself over your body, engulfing you in it within.'

The red strings started to move and slither its way around my body. From my toes to the top of my head.

'Now imagine it sipping through your fingers and into his wounds.'

Nothing happened.

The strings didn't move.

"Dana?" Derek said.

"It's not working. Nothing's happening," I said frantically.

'Darling, concentrate. If you don't then the feeling will stay the way it is until it becomes too much for you to handle.'

Nothing.

"No, no, no," Derek's whisper reaching my ears and I knew.

It was too late.

It was too late.

He has gone.

I had failed and now he was gone.

I tried one more time and concentrated even harder.

'Love, stop. It's too late. There's nothing you can do now.'

I shook my head and kept concentrating.

'Dana, you have to stop or you'll kill yourself.'

I still kept going.

'Alexandria, stop! Now!'

"What's is she doing?" I heard someone say.

'Listen, darling. If you keep going now, you'll kill yourself. Do you really think Boyd would've wanted that? What about Scott, huh? You're just going to leave him and your mother? I know you're hurting and I know that you'll never forgive yourself over this. But stop now and help your friends make it through this alive.'

The strings slowly extracted themselves from my mind and body and went back to the way they were before. A small ball of beautiful red strings.

I opened my eyes and could feel all of their stares, but I only concentrated on the body that was lying on his back in the water. Blood slowly seeping from the wounds. A small body rushed forward and feel down on their knees beside him. Her cries filling up the room.

And for a moment I couldn't hear anything. There were only bodies moving around and mouths opening and closing, but everything was quiet. It was like someone had taken me to space where no sound could be heard. Not even my own heartbeat.

The man came into my line of vision, trying to shake me and was, I think, shouting something at me. But it didn't help. It was quiet.

Too quiet.

I could see Cora on her knees besides Boyd's body, her head his chest, trying to listen for a heartbeat. But found none.

I could see Derek in the same position as before with Stiles standing behind him with a hand on his shoulder, trying to comfort him in the best way he knew how. Isaac had caught Ms. Blake in time and was still holding her, making sure that she didn't go into the water.

And then I saw her.

Standing there, with her own tears, like she cared.

That's when every sound in the room hit me all at once.

'Darling, are you alright? What happened?' I ignored the mam and went straight to Lydia. Once I was in front of her, I looked into her eyes with no emotions in mine.

"Ella, I'm so...," I stopped her before she could say any more.

"Look around you, Lydia. This is all your fault. Because you had to go and spread your legs open, like you always do. And this 'friendship' that we have, is over. You can burn in hell for all I care. Have fun screwing around with Aiden. You're the reason to why I lost the best thing that had happened to me. You're the reason I'm in pain. The reason to why I've been crying myself to sleep, not eaten anything. You, Lydia. You. But don't come crying to me when he breaks your heart," I told her. I took off the bracelet that she had bought for me on my 17th birthday, a golden one with an infinity symbol in diamonds, and dropped it on the floor. As I walked past her, I made sure to step on the diamonds, crushing them under my boots, ending our friendship.

Once and for all.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~ ~

Hey guys! 

I'm so sorry that I haven't updated for a long time. It's just that I've been really busy with school, work and studying for my driver's license. 

But at least the new chapter is now up! I'm already working on the next chapter! And expect some more angst, mystery, supernatural and romance in upcoming chapters.

Next time:

Alexandria gets answers and the man finally reveals himself.