Chapter 17

"Happy one week anniversary!" Brian was only wearing a pair of shorts, but he had a bunch of flowers in his arms as soon as Lena walked into the kitchen.

"Happy what?" Lena shook her head and Brian smiled his bright smile.

"It's officially one week ago that you've told me that you love me." His eyes were glimmering and he pressed the flowers in Lena's hands.

"Wait..." Lena took the flowers from the young demon and she swallowed. She had not realized that humans or demons would celebrate something like that. "Why are you giving me flowers because we're one week together?" She frowned her eyebrows and Brian raised his.

"I thought that women got angry when men forgot important dates and moments like this?" Brian cocked his head and his lips curled up a little. "But hey, I can always take those flowers back if you don't want them." He held out his hand, but Lena pressed the flowers to her chest.

"I love them! They're beautiful!" Lena had not even looked at them, but she bent her head and sighed relieved when she realized that they indeed were.

It was a big bouquet with all kinds of different flowers in all possible colors. The different smells didn't go together that well, but it was the thought that counted.

Brian probably didn't know anything about flowers at all. "I didn't really know which one you like, so I bought them all." He shrugged his shoulders.

"I didn't know that we were supposed to celebrate things like this." Lena's cheeks started blushing and she bent her head, while biting her lip. "I'm s..." She couldn't finish her sentence.

Brian leaned towards her and pressed his soft lips on hers. "Well, well, looks who's the angel now?" He whispered and the back of his hand caressed her cheek. "You can always make it up to me?" He winked and Lena swallowed, all of a sudden remembering the talk she had had with Maria.

"O..." She held her breath and she scratched the back of her neck. "I'm not sure if I'm ready..." She stuttered and her cheeks were glowing right now.

"You're not going out with me?" Brian smiled amused and he cocked his head a little.

"O, you were talking about going out?" Lena sighed relieved and she closed her eyes for a short moment. The last couple of days she had been thinking about everything Maria had said. What would happen if she would never be ready to take their relationship to the next level?

Would Brian break up with her? Would he regret everything he had said and done? Would he tell her that he shouldn't have started all of this at all? Or would he be his annoying self and respect her? Would he tell her that he would wait, even though it would take her forever to get there?

"Yes, little Lena, I was talking about going out." Brian smiled. It was clear that he knew exactly what she had thought he had meant, but he didn't say anything about it.

Lena was thankful for that. "I would love that." She licked her lips and to avoid further questions she walked past him to fill a vase with water for the flowers.

"So, what kind of date would you like?" Brian wrapped his arms around her waist and his chin rested on her shoulder. His body felt comfortably warm and Lena leaned in a little bit.

"I really don't know." Lena's put the flowers one by one in the vase. Even though it was a random mix of colors and smells, Lena started to like it more and more with every second that passed. "I don't think I've ever heard someone talking about dating in heaven." When she put the last flower in the vase she placed her hands on Brian's.