Chapter 10

"Lena..."

Lena turned herself around and moaned softly.

"Lena, if you don't want to miss class, I would wake up right now."

Lena opened her eyes and she noticed how Brian was sitting on his knees, next to her bed. He had a smirk on his lips and his eyes were filled with his usual amusement again.

She wouldn't say it out loud, but she had missed it. "What time is it?" She pushed herself up and she stared at the clock. Her eyes widened when she saw that it was already half past 8. Normally she needed a lot more than half an hour to get ready.

"Don't worry." Brian shook his head and he stood up, carefully placing his hands on her shoulders. "Maria made you breakfast and I will leave this room right now so you can get dressed." With a smile on his face he walked away, closing the door behind him.

Lena knew that she should run to her closet, that she should change her pajamas for her normal clothes, but she needed a couple of minutes to think about everything that had happened. She knew one thing for certain.

They had not come to kill her last night.

Brian was walking around with a smile on his face and she was still alive and breathing.

And that meant that Brian's parents had not concluded that she was an angel, even though she had made a lot of mistakes.

Her lips curled up and she started smiling. She had not known how afraid she had really been until now. She let out a relieved sigh and she closed her eyes for a short moment.

"Lena! You really have to hurry now!" Brian knocked on the door and he yelled.

Lena hoped that everyone in this house had been awake already.

If not, they were probably awake now.

"I'm coming!" Quickly she threw her clothes on the floor. Just like every morning she stared in the mirror at the two small bumps on her back. She knew that here on earth she wouldn't be able to fly, but it was nice to know that her wings were still there. Quickly she grabbed a white skirt and a white shirt she could put on easily.

Although Maria had said that they would go shopping together, they had not done it so far.

Not that Lena minded it. She was happy with her own clothes, even though they were boring and decent. Maybe she was trying to pass as a student, but it didn't mean that she had to change herself completely.

There was nothing wrong with being perfect.

A few seconds later she opened the door of her room and she saw Brian and Maria, with their backpacks on their backs and a sandwich in their hands. "You are joining me?" She realized as soon as the words had escaped her lips that she had sounded a little judgmental and she already wanted to shake her head to say sorry.

"We've forgotten what the auditorium looks like." Brian interrupted her before she could say the word. "So yes, we're joining you today." He smiled and he tapped her nose with his finger.

"I don't want to risk losing my scholarship." Maria shrugged her shoulders and Lena couldn't help feeling a little proud.

Just like she couldn't help staring at Brian to see his face when Maria said that.

"What are you staring at, angel?" He winked and cocked his head a little and Lena felt how her cheeks started to blush again. "Come on, let's get some high grades." He pressed a sandwich in her hands and opened the door.